Chapter 6: Unknown Feelings

"Welcome to Monty's Gator Golf! Home to the Hurricane Hole in One! We're currently closin' for the night but be sure to come back soon!"

Huh, it's a bit different this time. I didn't know this place had separate lines for what time of day it was... Pretty neat, honestly.

Well, at least that tells me that they're still getting everyone out, Ol' Cross must really have his work cut out for him...

Not here to think about that.

In all of the time I've been here, I've only ever been to Monty Golf once, but only briefly when I was getting a tour of the main areas. I always figured that there's gotta be more to this place, especially with how vertical it is. Practically begging to be explored.

...

Mmmghhh...

"You do realise you don't have to join me for everything, right?"

"I know, I want to!"

Much to my disbelief.

"We aren't even going anywhere special. The most we'll do is just... I don't know, Talk to Monty? Play Mini Golf?"

"Sounds like a plan to me!"

Yeaaah, don't think she's getting it... There goes my night of solace. Again.

With a slight sigh and twitch of my ear, I waited patiently for the elevator doors to open, well, as patient as I could be with what happened earlier. I have a feeling I'm never gonna hear the end of that.

With a slide, Me and Chica slowly walked through the now open elevator doors, the familiar ambient music greeting us with charming bold flare. Man, honestly refreshing to be here after spending a while listening to blaring elevator music.

Plus, I'm always super tempted to climb up those glowing vines every time I visit here, from what I've heard there's a system of catwalks that Monty likes to hang around on top of. I just highly doubt these flimsy decorations could support my weight.

Still though, it would be neat.

"Do you think Monty is here?"

"I don't know, doesn't he usually disappear after shows?"

"Yeah, most of the time. But when I went back to my green room after the show, I didn't hear him in his."

"What, does he make a lot of noise or something? Wait, I got it. He's a snorer, ain't he?"

"Uhmmm... Kind of?"

"HA! Called it... Well, if he ain't in his green room, he's either here or he pulled a me and vanished."

If he is here, I don't really see any way to get his attention anyhow. This place is waaaay bigger than most people give it credit for, maybe up above on the catwalks?-

"HEYYYY! MONTY! ARE YOU HERE?"

Ow!-

I immediately grip my ears in frustration as Chica screams for our scaly friend, looks like she forgot how ear-scratchingly horrific her voice box can be when she yells. The high screeching noises emited from her mouth almost sounded supernatural, like a banshee screaming at its prey.

"Chica!"

"Oop!" My call out immediately stops her in her tracks as she covers her mouth, I slowly release my ears from my hands, a sigh escaping my mouth.

Fairly certain if they could, my ears would be bleeding.

"S-Sorry! Got carried away..."

Jesus...