Fired

Ch - 0

The beginning.

You were running out of luck. Of course, because the office job you worked at was "closing" and you had to follow what they told all their employees. You sighed and opened the group chat, and stared at the message they'd left for you and everybody else, typed in that little gift textbox effect in messenger. They attempted to deliver the bad news wrapped up neatly in a bow. As funny as it sounds, it was pitiful and sad, and you read it anyway.

"We advise you to quit. The company is officially shutting down due to incredibly unnerving crimes going on with it's workers. Various gruesome acts have been documented in our area and inside the office as well. We advise you lot stay home and rest, before finding other jobs. Keep safe, we love you all. Regards, XYZ company." The actual message was a little bit more detailed, but the small tears in your emotional eyes that formed blurred your vision and your memory. The little things piled up to form a big mess. The seven dead bodies found in that building and within a mile radius, it's employees dead on the white crunchy ice. It was a crybaby sensitive thing habit of yours to cry at sad pitiful things, but you couldn't help it. You were empathic as a motherfucker could be.

You couldnt help but shed a couple of tears on the message in the little group chat. Whatever was out there that was messing with your work company should eat bricks and shit all of them whole. Were you sad you lost your only source of income that hired shabby suspicious looking people like you? Yes. But what made you sadder was the fact that the company had to shut down. All because of some dipshit who didn't like the company or the people who worked there. You cursed the twerp under your breath and took a sharp inhale.

You swallowed a lump in your throat remembering your work crush, Jackson, had died a couple days back, in a very gruesome situation. You had to attend his close casket funeral and shed a big ole tub of tears for the guy you worked with for two years just, dying. And dying in a gruesome way like that. You never knew anyone could just do that to a person.  He was lying down in a pool of his own blood, thankfully facing down, but his body weirdly like broken up pieces of jello with bones sticking out at random places. You'd screamed and let out bile just out of the room he was in, before standing up to ask for help. Your nose scrunched in disbelief and you shook your head at the memory. You were the first person to see as well.

As for the company that you worked in. The one that fired you all and closed down, you cant help but stare at the nicknames of the members, your co-workers, dickbag, unnie <33, anteh, baby pasapak, coffee machine slasher, and water dispenser, saying their farewells and thank you's for working there, before eventually leaving the group chat. You looked at their messages, full of love and jokes. Your office was full of love and support. You thought it had been weird, but just accepted anyway. It was the last positive thing you could have in your life, and you savored it like the rare incredibly expensive meal it was.

But now it was gone. Finished as you devoured it. With the last few dollars in your pocket, and your impulsiveness, you spent the last of your money to buy yourself a drink. You sat on the 8/12 table, and chugged on the liquor. Eventually they had to kick you out because you bothered and unsettled their other customers. They told you that they'd let you off with a warning, most likely because you looked pathetic at the moment. Yeah right admit it you were a cute drunk bitch. You walked out and buried yourself into the tall snow, walking off and muttering stuff to yourself, most likely about going back to the company you once worked at to go face the bastard and fight him, or her, 1v1, with your weapon being a broken up beer bottle. But the angel on your right shoulder, and actually the devil on the left as well, told you to not go there and just sit somewhere instead.

There you were, your ass was sat on the bench that you randomly found, which you could have sworn there was frozen spit and mucus on one side of it but sat on anyway like you even gave a shit. Your aunt was yet to contact you and give you money, and the last check from your company was yet to come. You had more problems than the frozen snot on the bench. You sighed loudly and pulled out a spiced ham sandwich from your pocket. It was cold as fuck, and the cheese was probably frozen already, but your teeth sunk into it and gnawed on the sandwich anyway, hunger jumping around your stomach like a really bouncy annoying ball. Since when have you last eaten a proper meal? Since when have you last eaten something? You annoyingly munched on the sandwich and gulped. Work was the most important thing to you, and you knew damn well you took it seriously. The only reason you were broke was because you blew your salary on totally useless shit that clutter up your house.