Chapter 9

WARNING MATURE AND GRAPHIC CONTENT!

Author's Note: Dan and Jaekyung are both so mirrorball coded but in dif ways. I didn't want to linger in the sad part of the plot for too long so this chapter definitely covers more than I usually do. Please enjoy this chapter though!

.

.

.

.

.

Kim Dan proceeded to stay by his grandma's side for two days. She was in critical condition and he wanted to be with her every step of the way. Her body was suddenly not reacting to treatments, as if her body was at it's limit. On the first night, Dan cried quietly in the hospital bathroom for two hours straight. His grandma leveled out the next morning and she was fully stabilized but in a fragile state. The second evening Dan took a long walk away from the hospital with the intent to clear his head. The days seemed to go by in flashes, like a blurry slideshow from the seventy's in quick succession.

Joo Jaekyung went to the gym on the second day of Dan being gone. His head was a mess but it was worse alone in the apartment. The gym held familiarity the boxer could find no where else. After releasing stress and emotions on sand bags and nervous opponents, Jaekyung drove to the hospital. He was almost in a trance as his body automatically guided him to where Dan should be.

He headed straight for the granny's room and popped his head in. Dan was no where in sight and his grandma was out cold. Jaekyung sighed in frustration before he heard a soft 'ahem' from behind. Looking over his shoulder a nurse who regularly took care of Dan's grandma that Jaekyung recognized stood behind him. She looked a bit hesitant as she took in the sight of the boxer's dark under eyes and dried out looking skin and hair.

"Hello Mr. Joo. Is there something I can do for you?" She greeted with a polite smile.

"Where is Kim Dan?" Jaekyung questioned right away as he leaned against the hallway wall.

"Ah he went out for some fresh air I believe," The nurse responded. "I'm not sure when he will be back and Ms. Kim will be in a medicated sleep until morning."

"Right," Jaekyung sighed out before straightening up. "Is granny doing okay?"

"We have to run some more tests once Mr. Kim is able to fully approve them and hopefully move his grandmother to a better room with more equipment," The nurse smiled tiredly. "Her body is so fragile now that she's not responding to the new treatment that had been working so well before. It just the reality of an older body."

"Why won't he just approve that stuff right now?" Jaekyung's brow furrowed. "It sounds pretty damn important." His tone turned colder.

The nurse winced at the swear that escaped his mouth before answering. "Well you see," She lowered her voice slightly. "It's more the cost of these things Mr. Joo. A private room with top tier equipment can be difficult for some to obtain. Mr. Kim has technically approved of treatments though."

Jaekyung clenched his jaw at that. Dan hadn't told him anything yet and was probably mustering up the courage to ask or leaning towards a bank loan. Either way, he obviously didn't see Jaekyung as someone he could easily discuss things with.

"If it's about money then I'll pay for it in advance and Kim Dan can sign the papers later," Jaekyung decided, his tone indicated there was no room for discussion. "Just tell him later."

The nurse blinked in slight shock. Mr. Joo had paid for things before but the sum of this was substantially more. The look of cold determination on his face wasn't what you'd expect from a man paying for an old lady's hospital bills either. Joo Jaekyung beyond his anger and annoyance, was an unreadable character.