Introduction

It's not easy, being the youngest daughter of a vampire baron. Not to mention the fact that I'm a human. Well, a human with an insanely rich family, that is. I was the runt of the litter... literally. I was supposed to be the most powerful supernatural creature ever to exist. Instead, I was born a human, mortal, powerless, and lame. When I was young, people would say, "Oh, she's only a child! She'll develop her powers soon." Well,  other soon enough. I'm Alaya Kazmech, of the noble Kazmech Clan. I'm 17 now, and still a near grown human adult: Normal, average, boring. I'm not exactly "fairest in the land", but I'd say that I'm pretty okay looking. I guess. My three other siblings, two sisters and a brother, are definitely the prettiest. My oldest sister, Karlai, is a purebred vampire, with silky, golden blonde hair and crystalline bottle-blue eyes, she is very clever and witty. My brother, Drew, is second oldest, has boyish charm that gets all kinds of attention, with his smokey grey eyes and dark brown hair, and he's Magi, so he's able to put a spell on any girl that's caught his eye. My other sister, Leia, is a witch, with vibrant scarlet hair and tanned skin, all curves, and no one has ever failed to resist her charms. Myself, on the other hand, is the ugly proverbial duckling to my siblings' swan. Black, straight and silky hair and dull brown eyes...ahem....ample breasts,  5'1", with a plain face that no one ever remembers.  My personality is what people would say is shy, but I prefer to say that I'm socially withdrawn. You wouldn't know it, from my plain face, being human and all, but I think I'm rather smart.... I'm a loner, and no one calls me by name, other than my family. People only know me by who my family is, not what I am. I'm the shame of my family, it seems sometimes. Sometimes I wish I could just stay home and live my life without anyone expecting me to become what I should have been. Some days I wish I could just disappear. Some days I wish I'd never been born.