Outside : Chapter 2

Lilac and Henry sat facing each other in the small yet crowded restaurant. Warm fluorescent lighting covering the both of them.

Lilac combed her hair through her fingers in anxiety. She felt weirdly out of place in the environment, which she could tell was now rubbing off on Henry, whose leg was now tapping on the marble floor as his eyes never left her's.

"Uhm-" Lilac finally gulped. "You know, I'd thought you'd settle for like... a gross club or something."

Henry chuckled feeling all confident. He straightened his tie with both hands as he sat up straight. "Oh god no! I thought since it's our first date as 'adults' we should go somewhere fancy!"

"'Adults?'" Lilac smiled. "We're 21 now, how much more adult can we be?"

"Fair."

The brunette looked down at the laminated menu in front of her. The drink menu seemingly going on forever.

🪓

As the night crept in further and with the two now at least a bottle deep into their shared drink, Henry downed a glass of bubbling champagne, not even making an effort to look composed while doing so. Meanwhile Lilac was the complete opposite swirling the glass and generally staying fairly continuous despite drinking as much, if not more of the stuff.

"You're drooping dear~" Lilac laughed, swirling her own glass. "At this rate I'm gonna have to drag you back home in a body bag."

"God..." Henry slurred, placing his hands in his hair. "You know, it's not fair when you're over there being all perfect."

"I appreciate the compliment dear but, you're actually wasted right now." Lilac chuckles, pushing her brown curls out of her face. "I'll pay for now but you owe me."

"Aiiieee got it..." Henry slammed his hand onto the diner table, interrupting her movements and pulling out a crusty uno card from his back pocket.

Lilac looked at her hand and then back up to her date. "Really Henry." She reiterated. "I got this."

🪓

Lilac looked at Henry's messy apartment and shuttered.

To say that Henry had had good luck over the years was a comical understatement. It's a miracle how the two got into the same college, let alone Henry being the one with a full scholarship and an apartment paid for by his parents.

However Henry also wore a lot of green, so maybe that was another factor.

She huffed as she lifted the drunk over her shoulders like a sack of potatoes. Carefully lifting his folds of fat for her to hook around his body. She scanned the apartment for any place to drop Henry's body off of ultimately deciding on his bed. Though it was in another room, it was still in a contained space so that she wouldn't be blamed if he threw up there.

As Lilac set Henry down onto his bed, she groaned, she threw off her heels while walking to his couch. The brunette yawned as she face planted into the cushions, almost immediately falling asleep.

🍋: heey OMFG I SWEAR I STILL LIKE TMF I JUST FORGET TO WRITE SOMETIMES anyway hope u likey eat up henriam nation

522 words