Chapter 273 Arrival

After leaving Crouching Pass, Lu Xu began to curse. No wonder the northwest is not good. He was robbed first when he left the pass, and then he couldn't do it!

Lu Xu had a lot of experience in being robbed from Guanyang to now, but this was the first time he had acted so blatantly and shamelessly.

Back then, Xiaoqijun actually played the role of a bandit.

After all, the Northern Territory Army said they would pay back the money on credit later.

When you get to the Huben Army, you don't even think of a reason, so you just dunk and grab it?

They knew He Chengye, and Hu Benjun wanted to seize the things. If they didn't know He Chengye and didn't have the token from the Prince's Mansion, could they have successfully brought the things out of the customs?

They are county magistrates. If this is the case, what about ordinary merchants and ordinary people? Not even allowed to have your skin peeled off?

With this group of bandits here, how can he conduct trade?

Lu Xu snorted angrily: "If we don't rely on the Tiger Army to save our lives in the future, it would be too ugly if we don't fall out, and we won't kill them!"

Lu Xu was worried. The Huben Army was brought out by Fan Xiao. They had already reached the point where the geese were plucking their feathers. So what would be the situation in Dingbei County?

The three of them lost their optimism when they first arrived and prepared to take a good look along the way.

Leaving Wohu Pass, heading west is Beiguan County, and heading east is Xifeng County. When they go to take office, they must first pass through Beiguan County and continue heading north.

Beiguan County is the smallest county in the northwest. It is close to Wohu Pass. It is also the county with the highest concentration of military households and Daqi people.

The county seat here was only built in recent years. The entire county seat is basically made of earthen houses. The main street is quite spacious. A little further away, there are earthen houses and thatched houses built by the people themselves. They are of different sizes and very messy.

They observed along the way that there were many small vendors here, but the shops were not big. Lu Xu went to ask about the price and almost got scared.

He finally understood why He Chengye smiled bitterly at him that night. Looking at the entire county, they were all shady shops.

The prices are ridiculously high.

Lu Xu: "Look! Those idiots at Crouching Pass, who do they think they are robbing? Are they robbing the rich and giving to the poor?!"

Can a businessman lose money?

Who will come back after they lose?

No matter how much Crouching Pass deducts, they will pass on the money to the people who buy goods outside the pass.

He didn't know yet, but Su Lingzhong had gone to great lengths to find this.

In the past, no merchants were willing to leave the customs. Those who dared to leave the customs only wanted to do gold and silver business with the barbarians or buy precious animal skins and bones. Who was willing to risk going to the customs to sell daily necessities at low profits?

Originally, Beiguan County wanted to build the county seat further north. In order to facilitate trade with the pass, the county seat was moved dozens of miles south.

But as soon as they moved, the people also moved with them. They would rather have less land than go too far away from the county seat, for fear that they would be thrown into the territory where the barbarians were active.