five.

Anastasia looked at herself in the mirror, putting in the second earring before taking a deep breath.

"Ana, we gotta go or else you'll be late to your own party." Joe called out from downstairs, and Anastasia rolled her eyes, fixing her dress one more time before grabbing her purse.

"That's a bit short don't you think?" Joe raised an eyebrow at Anastasia's outfit, and she press her heel into his shoe.

"OW! Those were thousands of dollars."

"Compensating a bit, don't you think?" Anastasia pushed past Joe while Charlotte covered her mouth with her hand, a snort coming out.

"It's not funny, Lottie." Joe clenched his jaw, as his girlfriend took his hand.

"It's a little funny, baby, I'm sorry."

Anastasia was waiting in the car, her face shoved in her phone as she scrolled through Instagram.

"Your boyfriend coming tonight?" Charlotte teased as she sat between the two siblings, and Joe's head whipped around as he slammed the door shut.

"Boyfriend?!" He shouted and Charlotte slapped his arm while Anastasia groaned in annoyance.

"He is not my boyfriend. And he's only in New York for a day so he's not showing up."

"It's your album release party, Ana, he has to show up." The driver started the car and pulled into the busy traffic, Joe giving him the directions to the penthouse where the party was at.

"He really doesn't. We're friends, but he's got a much crazier schedule than I do, so Id understand if he couldn't make it." Anastasia shrugged and Charlotte huffed, leaning into Joe's side while he wrapped this arm around her.

"I have bets going, Ana."

"You're betting on my love life?"

"And I'm about to be a sore loser."

The loud bass of the music was already booming in Anastasia's ears, despite the fact her, Charlotte, and Joe were still in the car. They clearly weren't waiting to start the party.

As soon as the car came to a stop and the driver got out, Anastasia heard the loud shouts of frantic paparazzi, all circling the car with their flashing lights and microphones.

Joe got our before Charlotte, shutting the door behind him when he saw the crowd of people push forward. Anastasia watched from behind the tinted windows as her brother got into a heated yelling match with some men trying to shove their camera's against the glass.

Charlotte turned to Anastasia, taking her hand.

"Ana, just promise me whatever decision you make, I'll hear about it first, yeah?" Anastasia smiled at her best friend, nodding her head.

"Ok, I promise."

The two opened the door and slid out, one after the other. The people around them yelled and flashed their cameras. desperate for that perfect shot of the singer and actress that could potentially sell for thousands.

Anastasia gave her best popstar smile, having become accustomed to events like these, but Joe could see her fiddling with her gold rings, and took her hand to lead her behind him into the building.

He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, smiling back at her and she mouthed a quick "thank you" before the three of them were hidden behind the doors of the elevator.

"You okay? That was way worse than I've seen before."

"I'm fine. They're always like this at album events. It'll die down afterwards." The elevator dinged, and Joe and Charlotte got our first, Charlotte looking back to make sure Anastasia was following.

Anastasia was instantly surrounded by everyone within a twenty foot radius of her, bombardino her with hugs, handshakes, congratulations', praises and so on. Anastasia loved it, but she needed a drink.

Once she broke free of the mob of friends, fans, and family, she snuck over to the open bar, calling for an Old Fashioned, extra cherries, extra whiskey.

She thanked the bartender and took a sip, her face wrinkling as she swallowed the whiskey down.

"You look good." She sighed and pasted a smile on her face before turning around.

"Thanks, I- Rocky?"

maddie speaks !
dw smut and angst are next