The Push

The bomb went off. We all scattered.

"Elsa, come with us!" Dad said and I nodded.

"Put on the suit." Cap said.

"You bet." Dad said and I ran with Steve.

"We have an engine down in the south quarter."I heard Maria say over my ear piece.

"Were on it." I replied.

"Who's with you?"

"Rogers and my dad. We'll repair it and fend off those hostiles that we can."

"Good luck."

We ran out.

"Where's my dad?" I asked and suddenly I saw him fly through.

"Stark, we're here!" Steve shouted.

"I gotta get this super conducting cooling system back online before I can access the rotors and work on dislodging the debris." He said. "I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position." We ran towards it but there was a chunk in the helicarrier missing.

"Hold on!" I shouted. I made my wings and flew up. "Jump!" I said and he did. We got to the panel and opened it up Steve had no idea what he was doing.

"What's it look like in there?" Dad asked

"It seems to run on some form of electricity."Steve replied.

"Well that's part of it, Elsa what do we have?" He asked.

"Relays are intact. What do we do dad?" I replied.

"Even if I clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm gonna have to get in there and push." Dad said.

"Well if that thing gets up to speed, you'll get shredded!"Steve told him.

"Then stay in the control unit and reverse polarity long enough to disengage mag..."Steve cut him off.

"Speak English!"

"See that red lever Steve?" I asked pointing to the red lever.

"It'll slow the rotors down long enough for me to get out. Stand by it, wait for my word." Dad said and we headed up towards the platform.

"On your left Elsa!" Steve shouted and I saw one of the hostiles. I shot him in the chest with my powers making him freeze and fall towards the ground.

"Steve get to the lever! I've got it down here!" I shouted and he nodded climbing towards the lever. He got there and it was time to pull it.

"Now!" Dad shouted and Steve pulled it as soon as dad landed I hugged him tightly even through the metal.

"Don't do something that stupid ever again." I laughed.

"Trust me I won't and that was when I heard it. We all stopped at these words.

" Agent Coulson is down." It was Director Fury.

"SHIELD Paramedics are on their way." Another voice said.

"They called it." He said and we were saddened we sat together at the meeting room. "These were in Coulson's jacket." He threw the bloodied cards at us. " We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming. Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, the Starks knows this, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes."

"I can't do this right now." I said and walked away I should've been there, I could've saved him and my father was the monster responsible for it.