~Chapter Four~ Inferiority Complex

Splinter sighed as he finished stitching Leos shell together. "Is he gonna be okay, pops?" Asked Raphael, who was standing over his dad, shifting from foot to foot, rather impatiently. Splinter turned around and gave his oldest son a nod in response. "He'll be fine, Red. Just give him a few days." There was a few seconds painfully long of awkward silence.

"Y'know.." Raph started, getting his fathers full attention. "You know I love you Pops, right?" Splinter nodded, unsure where this was going to go. Raph swallowed hard, working up the strength to say it. "But.. you really need to pay more attention to us more and actually act like a dad.." Raph said, trailing off.

Splinter nodded and held Raphs hand in his. "I know, my son. Ill promise I will be better from here on out." Splinter opens his arms up for a hug, which Raph gladly returns.

Leos p.o.v

Pain shot through my shell and into my body, instantly waking me up. Jesus.. how long was I out? The last this I remember is Dee and Mikey... getting taken. I groan as I try to get off my stomach. "Leo?" I heard Raph call, startling me and causing me to fall back down onto my plastron.

Once Raph helped me sit back up, he handed my my mask for my to put on. "I know you don't like it off, but we needed it off just in case." He said as I tied it on. "Its alright, big guy. Did you find Don and Mike yet?" I asked. His face went from a happy but worried big bro to a scared and worried one. Not a good change if you ask me.

I looked down at my hands and balled them up. If I hadn't have been so afraid of Big Mama, they wouldn't have gotten taken. This is all my fault. They could be dead by now.

"Leo?" Raph said, shaking me, getting me to snap out of my thoughts. "Leo, I've been trying to get your attention for five minutes. You good?" I look at him and smiled and nodded in response. He didn't seem to convinced.

"Lee?" I hummed in response. "Its not your fault."  . . .  "What?" "Its not your fault." I smiled at him.  "I know." "Its not your fault." I tilted my head. "I.. know?" "No, Leo, Leo. It's not your fault."

I frown and look back down and my hands and ball them up. I get up as tears start to swell in my eyes and walk away.

"Leo-" I heard Raphs voice trail off as my pace noticeably quickens. Once I eventually make it too the bathroom, I quickly lock the door and take off my arm covers. I place them on the toilet and go to look my self in the mirror. I shift uncomfortably from one foot to another as I take of my mask. I wipe my eyes as I stare at myself in the mirror.

"You're an embarrassment to me and everyone around you, 'nardo."

"Why are you so stuck up? This is why red is my favorite"

"You've built your ego up so high, you don't know how to bring it back down."

"Leo, you gotta listen to us once and while."

I held my head low and wiped my eyes of any evidence of tears. Who cares what they think, anyway? They don't know what im going through. Though.. Mikey and Donnie probably have it worse by now. I sigh and shake my head.

I put my mask and arm covers back on. I turn to my side to see my shell bandaged up pretty good. "Esh.. that bad? Didn't think I got the hurt." I said to my self, rubbing the back of my neck uncomfortably.

I unlocked the door only to be greeted by a small rat. "Hey, dad." I smiled at him as I tried to walk off. He grabbed my hand, stopping me in my tracks. I turned around to look him in the eyes. "Need something, daddy?" I asked him. "Leo, I need you to tell me where purple and orange are." My eyes widened as I shifted around uncomfortably. "We don't know, pops.. they got taken by big mama." I said, avoiding eye contact. He sighed in response and patted my hand before he left.

I take one more look in the mirror and decide to take the bandages.

"Jesus.." I whisper to myself as I look at the nails that were used to repair my shell. "Guess it was that bad." I quickly but the bandages back on and walk out to the living room.

I sat down on the couch and let my shell sink into the cushions. I wonder to myself how I could be relaxing as my brothers were probably fighting for they're life. I sighed as I got up and grabbed my swords, which were conveniently right next to me. "Raph?" I called out to my big bro. A few seconds later, I see his head peak around the corner. "Need anything, Lee?" He asked.

I swung my swords, creating a neon blue portal, which was crackling with life. "We are going to look for dee and Mikey. Now." I command, jumping through the portal.

Maybe now I can prove to everyone that I'm not only the stuck up one on the team.

Not just a faceman.

Not just the blue one.

Not just the...

Worst one.