Prelude - The Book of Myths and Lost History: "The Prophecy of The Phoenix"

Looking out my window today, I see skeletons walking the streets and empty stores surrounding them. The very lifeblood of our cities are slowly dying, one by one: our kingdom will soon fall. Thus, I must disband our secret society. But before I do so, I leave you one last message:

If you wish to remain loyal to my cause, renounce everything you have before the Sparkings purge our affluent. Then renounce everything you stand for and watch as I die in the erasure of our history. And while the very essence of our people is stolen, repress all ambitions to rebel, as only with such strength of mind will there be a better future.

But you will not be without action. No, as they take our way of life, you must build anew, spreading our ideas where they cannot be found. Whether that be in overlooked places or metaphors they do not understand, I do not care, there just has to be a foundation for our thought to pass onto future generations.

And just as you once sought me out, those who are left behind in the ages to come will seek out your work, developing the very same spark we all now have. The spark that gives us the courage to renounce society's lies, and tear down what is considered normal. The spark that will one day give rise to a phoenix that will tear down the ways of the new "gods."