Intro

Carlotta Brown - "Ever since the twins Sparkle and Star was little, they believed their name was who they was, but I told them fame is a trip

Carlotta Brown - "Ever since the twins Sparkle and Star was little, they believed their name was who they was, but I told them fame is a trip. It ain't love like a lot of people think, but Sparkle and Star wouldn't listen. Sparkle and Star don't listen to nobody but themselves."

Sparkle Davis is a seventeen year old petite white girl that always knew she had a special talent with an amazing voice like Mariah Carey but many people shadow that talent away because of her childhood or thinking she's white trash. As she's put in foster system at a young age when her mother overdose meanwhile her father abandoned her and two sisters leaving them to become orphans. Years later from one bad foster home to another and being separated from her two sisters she ends up getting emancipated at the age of fifteen and living on her own in Atlanta, Georgia for her remaining teenage age years. Until her older twin sister Star Davis and her younger half-sister Simone Davis decided to show up in her life again with a black girl named Alex Crane at her job at the strip club.

Or in which Sparkle Davis teams up with her two sisters and their new friend as they struggle to make their dream of being a girl group come true.