1 - UNO

yo sé que tienes un nuevo amor

.

.

SIGHING TIREDLY, you fixed your hair in the mirror. it was the afternoon and you had just finished the majority of your to-do list for the day. floors were swept and mopped, counters wiped down, dishes washed, clothes folded and put away. zoro's laundry was a mess to wash, but it got done, too.

now all that was left was gardening, grocery shopping, and cooking dinner.

a tired groan left your lips at the thought of having to weed your garden again for the fifth time this month. why wouldn't those weeds just leave your hibiscus plants alone? gardening was important, but did you really want to be outside in the hot summer sun all day, picking out weeds? you would just get all muddy and need to shower before shopping and cooking, and then you would need to take another shower afterwards?

yeah, gardening could always be saved for later. who said you had to finish that today? if you made zoro do it when he got home, that just left shopping and cooking dinner.

shopping was next, then. obviously, because how would you cook dinner if you had no groceries? you weren't jesus.

"okay, la tienda it is," you sighed defeatedly, grabbing your phone and bag. taking one last glance around the house, you grabbed your car keys and headed out the door.

THE STORE WASN'T very crowded, which was a blessing. grabbing a shopping cart, you began searching down the aisles for the things you needed.

toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, corn flour, milk, ground beef, condensed milk, sugar, jalapeños, dried chiles, onions, potatoes, corn, carrots, celery, chicken thighs and legs, apples, peaches, and grapes.

you hummed to yourself, realizing your grocery list wasn't as long as usual. and it also seemed like the majority of the things listed were for caldo de polo. oh, it looked like you'd also need more fabuloso, the purple one.

getting the toilet paper and soaps would be quicker, since they were located at the front entrance you came in from.

you pushed your cart over to the shampoo and conditioner section, oblivious to the stares aimed in your direction. needing to get closer to read the labels, you bent down and picked one of the bottles up. a gasp was heard behind you, followed by a faint "goddamn!" which you promptly ignored, thinking someone had dropped an item on the floor.

you decided the soap in your hands wasn't the same one you liked to use and put it back, bending down again to place it back onto the shelf.

yet again, another curse was heard behind you. a soft "holy fuck, thick as hell!" sounded from your right side.