𝟬𝟭𝟰 - 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬

❝𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 // 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦❞

𝗦𝗘𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟱𝗧𝗛 , 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯
𝗟𝗢𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦 , 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗔
𝟵:𝟬𝟰 𝗔𝗠

Lucy hadn't left Tatum's bedside for hours, not even to eat or sleep, she just sat there holding her hand praying she'd wake up. Lucy couldn't help but feel the slightest bit responsible for Tatum being in the state she was in, maybe if she'd noticed or said something then Tatum would be safe in her arms, but instead she was lying in a hospital bed hanging on by a thread.

"You're still here?" Phoebe walked in handing Lucy a cup of coffee. "You haven't slept or eaten in hours, you have to go home"

"I can't, I can't leave her again"

"I'll stay with her, and Julien should be here any minute so it won't just be me"

Lucy nodded, "Okay"

"Be careful when you leave," Says Phoebe, "There's a shit ton of paparazzi out there. They really don't know how to give anyone any privacy"

Lucy took her friends advice and went home to try and get some sleep, though she couldn't do much of that without Tatum. She couldn't sleep without her, Lucy's sheets and pillows smelled like her, she couldn't stand it. Everything in her apartment reminded her of Tatum, she didn't want to look at any of it but didn't have it in her heart to get rid of anything.

Phoebe had kept her promise and stayed by Tatum's side, but had since been joined Julien and two of Tatum's costars—Hunter and Zendaya. The four women kept their eyes on Tatum, praying she'd wake up if they just kept staring at her.

"Either I'm very sleep deprived or Tate looks a bit yellow" Hunter pointed out.

"Fuck, she does" Julien agreed.

Zendaya stepped out for a moment to grab a doctor, who confirmed Tatum's discoloration. He ran a few tests and disappeared for a whole hour while doing so.

Julien on the other hand already had an idea of what was wrong with Tatum, which didn't help her anxiety.

"Dude, you're shaking like crazy" Phoebe put her hand in Juliens knee to stop the shaking, "Tate's gonna be okay"

Julien shook her head, "I know an addict when I see one, I should've helped her, Phoebe. I should've helped her through it instead of giving her space"

"What do you mean?" Hunter spoke, "Tate's not an addict"

"How much did she drink when you guys went out?" Julien questioned, "Did she get blackout drunk each time? Did she always have some sort of drink in her hand?"

Hunter and Zendaya exchanged a look of realization, it never crossed their minds that Tatum might've had a drinking problem, they simply brushed it off as Tatum being Tatum.

The doctor returned and they all stood. "I'm afraid your friend is in end stage liver failure"

"Fuck" Phoebe breathed.

"What happens now?" Zendaya asked the doctor.

"Well, we can't put her on the transplant list until she's been sober for a year"

"So you're just gonna let her die?!" Julien shoved the doctor, and Phoebe held her best friend back so she couldn't push anyone.

The doctor sighed, "I'm sorry, unless it's a directed donation there's nothing we can do"

"If we're a match, can we donate?" Hunter asked.

"Yes, of course. I'll have a nurse come in and draw your blood"

An hour had gone by since the four had their blood drawn, but only Hunter was a match. She agreed to do the surgery as soon as possible, which ended up being right that moment. The surgeons didn't believe Tatum would make it another day without a transplant, which is why they rushed her into surgery.

The boys along with Tatum's family and costars were sat in the waiting room, anxiously waiting to hear some good news.

A pair of surgeons approached the bunch. They stood once they noticed the surgeons. "Both surgery's went very well"

"Can I see my sister?" Austin asked.

The older surgeon nodded, "Yes, but as of right now only family is allowed"

Taylor and Austin followed closely behind the doctor. The two siblings sat by her bedside in silence, waiting for her to wake up. Andrea and Scott had gotten the first plane to L.A once they heard about Tatum.

Hours had passed since the surgery, everyone had gone home to sleep, everyone except the boys anyways. They had fallen asleep on each other an hour after Tatum got out of surgery.

"Hey," Taylor gently shook Lucy awake, trying not wake Phoebe and Julien, but it was like a domino effect; once Lucy woke up so did her best friends. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you guys up"

"It's fine," Julien mumbled, still more asleep than awake. "How's Tatum?"

"She's fine, she's sleeping" Austin answered.

"Um, we were about to go home but one of the doctors gave me this" Taylor handed Lucy a folded up piece of paper, "I only read the first few lines, it seemed pretty personal"

Lucy took the paper from Taylor, who left right after. She stared at it for a moment, unsure if she should open it, but Lucy did anyways.

Lucy.

I actually don't know why I'm writing this, I still haven't decided if I'm ever gonna give this to you, but it's the only way to get everything out. I don't wanna think about you, but I am. I'm sorry for what I said that day, I didn't mean any of it, I really do love you. Sometimes I can be a real idiot, just ask any of my friends, I'm sure they'll go on a ten minute tangent about all the stupid shit I've done. I haven't spoken to them since that post was made either, they've been texting and calling but I haven't responded. I don't know if that was supposed to make things better. It definitely didn't help. I honestly don't know what to say other than I'm sorry. I truly am sorry for how I reacted and what I did. Breaking up with you is my biggest regret. I miss you, I'm sorry.

— Tate.

Tears fell down onto the letter as Phoebe and Julien wrapped their arms around their best friend. Lucy let out a choked sob. Tatum never stopped loving her.

𝗔/𝗡:
im having way too much fun writing all these sad chapters
also I deadass forgot taylor had a brother