Chapter 8: The Iruma way

After getting shoved of the cliff by Kalego, Iruma proceed to fall down multiple meters before getting caught in the beak of a giant bird. This bird processed to drop Iruma in a small nest atop a cliff. Inside another, bigger bird resides.

The bird immediately starts trying to attack Iruma which immediately tries to back away. However, the attacks of the bird where sloppy and slow. Maybe because of the wound on one it's feet.

Iruma: Wait, you're... bird croak. I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I see, you're just hurt and scared. But what can I do?

Iruma starts looking around, trying to find something to help the bird's injury. A sharp rock lies nearby, Iruma picks it up and stands up slowly.

Iruma: It's okay! Just watch. Iruma proceeds to make a small cut on his hand then bandages it with a peace of cloth. So I want to do this to you. Can I?

A small stare down begins between the two before the bird lays down and puts out it's feet towards Iruma. He immediately begins trying to bandage the wound but a single drop of blood from his cuts lands on the wound. Miraculously the wound heals instantly. Both look at healed wound in confusion.

Iruma: Huh? It all better! But how? Wow. It really is all better! Do humans in the Netherworld have powers like this... But if just a bit of blood did that... Maybe humans are even more valuable here than I thought.

As the bird understands the situation, it immediately start rubbing, it's self against Iruma affectionately

As the bird understands the situation, it immediately start rubbing, it's self against Iruma affectionately. Before picking him up and throwing him on his back.

Iruma: You're giving me a ride? Thank you! He exclaims as the bird starts flying. I wonder if your going to directly take me to the goal.

Timeskip

Standing atop a lonely cliff is a blond haired demon surrounded by lava and magma. The Vaillant demon stands alone, golden axe in hand, roughened up by the ongoing fight. His opponent, a monstrous beast dangerously approach's him. The valley is filled with the echoes of his voice.

?: I want to become the demon king for only one reason... because of all the things I could be that one is the coolest! Because I was born a demon, the coolest thing I can do is stand at the top!

With that the demon starts swinging and swinging at the beast, but his attacks do little to no damage to it at all. One swip of the beast pushes him to the edge of the cliff almost falling of. One last attack will be the last of him.

?: Im proud of myself, I have zero regrets. My ambition has brought me all the way here. Yes... I Will see my resolve through right to the very end! He yells, the monster preparing his final attack.

However, a blue haired boy appeared riding a bird. Jumping down he steps in front of his fallen comerade. Trying to stop the incoming attack of the beast from hurting him. At the same time the bird flies up infront of the monster, starting to interact with it.

?: Iruma! What are thou doing here?
Iruma: What do you mean Sabnock? You looked like you were in trouble, So I...
Sabnock: But what is that creature you are with? The child of the guardian?
Iruma: Wait is that the guardian of Cut throat valley? And this is it's child? He asks with a confused look before smiling brightly. Hey guardian! Look your baby's foot is all better now! I understand why you were upset, I mean who wouldn't be grumpy if their child got hurt?

As Iruma was happily speaking to the two creatures, Sabnock retrieves his axe and prepares to attack while the beast is distracted.

Sabnock: This is our chance to attack!
Iruma: Put it down
Sabnock: But I...
Iruma: Come on.

?: He said put it down you dumbo! A voice from above yells

Sabnock: What Nayt?! Why are thou also here?

As he drops his axe as he looks above him. Nayt had been silently observing the ongoing scene. Not caring to interfere or help at all.

Flashback

Iruma: Wait we're going the wrong way! This is the way through Cut throat valley! He yells trying to get the bird to turn around when he spots someone. Wait who is that?

A demon is flying a bit ahead of them. After a few seconds he looks back to notice the bird and Iruma on it. It turns out to be Nayt who has decided to go through cut throat valley voluntarily.

Nayt: What the?! Where did hell did the bird come from? Why even are you on a bird? He inquires flying towards them.
Iruma: It's quite the long story.
Nayt: Actually don't tell me. All i want to know is can I also get on the bird!?
Iruma: You want to get on? I thought you wanted to try and win the race?
Nayt: I don't care about that anymore! I also want to ride the bird!
Iruma: I mean if he's okay with it then sure! The bird let's out agreeing chirp at that.
Nayt: Sweet! This is going to be much funner than flying through here on my own! Let's go!
Iruma: Wait but we're still going the wrong way!

End of flashback.

The three boys are all standing motionless, hands in the air. Waiting for something to happen. The bird had installed himself on the head of his parent, which has been carefully observing the trio. Suddenly the head of the creature lowers, it's bowing.

Sabnock: The guardian, it's bowing?
Iruma: Honetly your too kind. He says as he also starts bowing. No problem really! I'm happy for you!
Nayt: This is the best day ever! The magical beast is bowing down to me!
Sabnock: So this is the honor student Iruma. What a formidable demon. He mumbles to himself.

Meanwhile

Y/n: Geez why is he taking so long? I hope he's alright! They mumbled as they signed.

They were seating in a corner while the other students are still waiting for the last three. A plancette is hanging from their neck reading:

I will not use my powers to cheat again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of chapter 8
Attention received in the Netherworld: 8%

Author's note: Sorry for the very long wait. Hopefully y/n's pov will also be published later this week