Chapter 31

The prince refutes the reputation of the local aristocratic family with a single word, and his favor for Fu Rushen is obvious.

Jian Xun was Fu Rushen's half-nephew, and Fu Jing was Fu Rushen's only son. The prince supported the Jiangcheng County Sheriff every word of his life.

This was like a slap on Jiang Xingsong's old face.

He lowered his head, his face twitched several times, and he could hardly maintain the false smile on his face. His eyes drifted behind him, and he saw Fu Rushen bowing with a calm expression, as if the current scene had nothing to do with him.

The prince's current behavior is another insult to the Jiangcheng family.

And this also seemed to indicate that Prince Ningyuan was different from what was rumored. He would not lose his position and be at the mercy of wealthy families like them simply because he broke with Pei Yan, a think tank.

The atmosphere at the scene became stiff, except for the prince and Jian Xun, who were in the center of the scene, with expressions as normal.

Jian Xun responded: "That's the young man in purple at the table to the east."

Ning Xiuyun took a quick look and saw that Fu Jing in the crowd was wearing a cool dark purple with birds embroidered on the hem. The style of the clothes was not bright. , it's a pity that he is the only one in the crowd wearing purple clothes, so there is no need to distinguish carefully.

Fu Jing, who was secretly rubbing his head into the crowd, suddenly stiffened, thinking that God was going to kill me.

He quickly raised his head and glanced at Jian Xun. Seeing that the other person's expression was natural and not at all surprised, he knew that it was this guy with thick eyebrows and big eyes who had sold him out.

"Young Master Fu really has the spirit of caring for his father." Ning Xiuyun praised.

Fu Rushen heard the words and thanked him: "Thank you for the compliment, Your Highness."

Seeing his father thanking him, Fu Jing quickly responded: "Your Highness, you are overly complimentary."

Unlike Fu Rushen, who was in the presence of the old god, Fu Jing felt that the eyes of the people around him were so hot that they could burn him. His clothes were on fire, and he just begged the almighty Prince to let him go as soon as possible.

He doesn't want the connections he has accumulated over the years in Jiangcheng to be destroyed just yet.

Fortunately, Ning Xiuyun was done and didn't hold on to this matter.

After Fu Jing thanked him, Ning Xiuyun said: "No courtesy. Although it is good to be more thorough in etiquette, there is no need to be too formal today." 

Everyone said in unison: "Thank you, Your Highness."

As for whether there was any secret rubbing when getting up. Rubbing the ground and rubbing his knees, that's unknown.

Jiang Xingsong was the most conspicuous among them. He stood at the head of the crowd. After he stood up, his gloomy expression turned into a smile.

It's just that he didn't seem to realize that his expression ability was average. His smile was slightly distorted now, as if he had aged ten years in an instant.

Jiang Xingsong stepped forward and said, "Your Highness, please take a seat."

As he spoke, he led the prince towards the throne.

Ning Xiuyun nodded lightly, followed up slowly, and took advantage of the short journey to glance at the crowd.

Now at the banquet in the main courtyard, all officials from the Southern Patrol Team and Jiangcheng locals were present. The most eye-catching ones were probably the governor Guan Maoshi and Pei Yan, who was rumored to have a relationship with the prince.