xi. dates? plus ones? partners in white collar crime? something.

DATES? PLUS ONES? PARTNERS IN WHITE COLLAR CRIME? SOMETHING

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Logan had fled the country.

Not actually. But he had taken Kendall and Roman to London on a business trip, which made Dorothy's schedule even more convoluted and just generally fucked up her week. She had a gala to go to that weekend, and her plus one had just touched down in the U.K. for an indeterminate amount of time. If all else failed, she figured she would call Connor and ask for a favor. He owed her one, since she had managed to make his infamous campaign video essentially disappear.

"Remind me again why you're taking Roman as your plus one?" Lily said. "I have two other brothers who are a lot more tolerable."

"I'm being nice," Dorothy replied. "Besides, he's entertaining."

"He's a PR nightmare, Dot."

"High risk, high reward...?"

Lily just shook her head. The look on her face made up for the words she didn't say. "Sure."

"Don't give me that tone," she said, and nudged Lily. "Are you going to take another coincidental walk by the ATN offices before we head out?"

They exchanged a smile and began the walk to the elevators. Dorothy always made sure to tease Lily when they were alone. She felt like she should have been guilty for keeping such an earth-shattering secret, but she couldn't. Ever since she discovered this affair, she had noticed just how little Shiv and Tom seemed to act like an actual couple. But that was none of her business.

She settled for a lowkey night to close out a day jam-packed with meetings and phone calls. After a round of hate-stalking her ex's Instagram in bed, she tossed her phone aside. Then she rolled over, grabbed it, and called Roman.

He answered with a pointed, "What?"

"Morning, sleepyhead." Dorothy grinned. "Sorry to wake you."

"It's fine, I was gonna wake up anyway―"

"Great. So, how long are you planning on staying in London?" She asked. "Because, you know, you're supposed to be somewhere with me on Saturday."

She could hear rustling on the other end as he said, "I don't know, two days? Three?"