𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🔪 ꒱

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🔪 ꒱

Looking down at her dried-up bloody fist, Ellie heard her brother's voice approaching her. Stu, holding two small flowers, seemed both intrigued and unfazed by the situation. "What the fuck happened to you?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

Ellie turned to face Stu and explained, "Oh, I punched some cheerleader chick. She was talking shit about Sid." Stu listened, his nonchalant response showcasing a familiar sibling dynamic. "Oh, that's boring," he remarked, downplaying the altercation.

Meanwhile, Tatum was talking to Sidney, showing her support and solidarity. Stu rushed over to join them, with Ellie following suit. "Kizzo-kaskizzo is out. I don't know what you did, Sidney, but on behalf of the entire student body, we all say, 'Thank you!'" Stu exclaimed, presenting Sidney and Tatum with the small flowers, attempting to lighten the atmosphere.

However, Ellie, knowing her brother's tendency to bring humor to even serious situations, intervened. "Drop it, Stu," she warned, gently hitting his arm.

Sidney and Tatum both took the small flowers from Stu, their expressions appreciative. They started to walk down the sidewalk, and Stu and Ellie followed them. "I say, impromptu party tonight, at our house. Celebrate this little siesta," Stu suggested, his playful nature shining through.

As they walked, Stu picked up Tatum, playfully carrying her over his shoulder. "What do you say?" Stu asked Sidney, still having fun with the moment. However, Sidney, considering the recent events and the ever-present danger, hesitated, bringing the playful mood to a temporary halt.

"Are you serious?" Sidney questioned Stu, her concern evident. Stu, realizing the gravity of the situation, gently put Tatum back down. "This little vixen doesn't invite the entire world, we'll be fine. Intimate gathering, intimate friends," he reassured Sidney.

"What do you say, Sid? I mean, pathos could have its perks," Tatum proposed, trying to convince Sidney. Sidney hesitated, her mind caught between the desire for normalcy and the lingering fear from the recent events.

Glancing at Ellie, who shrugged in a non-committal manner, Sidney found a hint of reassurance. "Totally protect you. Yo, I am so buff. I got you covered, girl," Stu chimed in, offering his own brand of encouragement.

"I don't know," Sidney responded, torn between caution and the longing for a sense of normalcy.

Tatum stopped and looked at Sidney, making her case. "I mean, come on, Sid. For me? It could be fun," she said, appealing to their friendship and the need to break free from the fear that had gripped the town.

"Okay. Whatever," Sidney finally relented, giving in to her friend's insistence.

Stu, thrilled with the decision, beamed at Ellie. "Yeah? Nice. Cool. You guys bring food, all right?" he asked, already envisioning the gathering.