ROCKY START.

AUGUST 14 

dear diary, saiki hasn’t warmed up to me and it’s been a whole month already. what am i doing wrong? am I too loud? do i talk too much? the girls are nice though, although i can see teruhashis eye twitch whenever she sees me talking to saiki. kaidou is lovely too, he brings me snacks and lets me ramble on and on about anything. nendou is chill too .. except for when he cannot read the room and drags me away from saiki. oh ! saiki thinks it's funny to ignore me when I try to talk to him. anyways … these supplements are really gross to take and the bruise that hairo gave me has not gone away completely. it's okay though, it's just something i got used to. it's a new week tomorrow and i hope kaidou brings me a pastry or something.

You shut your journal close and swing it across the room to your bed, grabbing your bag and slinging it over your bruising shoulder. 

Okay it wasn't exactly Nendou's fault he tried jumping on your shoulders but shouldn't it be a given to not try when you're smaller than him? The swelling somewhat went down but the obvious black coloring was visible. 

Hairo was concerned as to why the injury he gave you on your cheek was still there. All you could do was shrug it off and give him a playful smile. 

Can't tell them yet

Pushing your hair out of your face, you rush out of your house to meet your friends at the front gate. It was a daily routine, Kaidou and Nendou patiently waited for you before entering the school grounds while the others were already in class. 

Although, this time it was different. It's Saiki waiting for you. A stupid smile plasters over your face, skipping over to him. You reach for his hand but he pulls back immediately. “No foolery, thanks” he says, brushing past you to go into the building. You snicker, running behind him to catch up.

Well that's new..

AUGUST 18

Kaidou had gotten a bit sick and told Saiki to walk you home after school. Who knew Saiki would actually listen to him? You try walking at the same pace as Saiki, matching his footsteps while struggling to come up with a topic. Your expressions go from confusion to amusement as you go through ideas. He glances at you, shaking his head. “Let's not talk. I am solely doing a favor for a friend” He mumbles, clearly avoiding eye contact at the moment. You bump shoulders with him purposely, to see his reaction.

Saiki walks a bit further from you, his eyes completely focusing on the path in front of you two. "I drew a bunny in class, wanna see?" You ask, leaning in to see if his eyes answer you atleast. He side eyes you, as usual. You nod, taking that as a yes and pulling out your lined paper from your bag, a cutesy bunny lazily drawn on it. Saiki exhales loudly, taking the paper from your eyes and examining it.

You clasp your hands in excitement, smiling as he continues to judge your messy drawing. "It's alright, you draw usually?" He raises an eyebrow, passing back the drawing. You copy his expression, frowning at him and slipping the paper inside his bag. "Only when I'm bored, I put it in your bag for safe keeping!" You exclaim, raising your hands and counting off your fingers. "I draw cats too, lots of flowers and .." You furrow your eyebrows, thinking of what else you like to create. Saiki simply stares at the concrete, still attentive of what you have to say.

They sure do talk alot, he thinks. He glances at you, your face scrunches up as you seem to have forgotten what you have to say. He feels his face relax, he realizes something and he doesn't like it. 

Y/n is not as irritating as I thought they'd be.

AUGUST 24