Chapter 1: Life and Death

Massive gray clouds fill the sky like lumps of thick powder being pushed and turned in water; the furled arms twist and contort, splitting and conjoining again.

Its appearance teeters between a rapid churning of fierce, violent winds and a calm, majestic tempest. As if it were an ocean's current, it rolls over itself in powerful waves, tossing through the night sky.

Far below the storm, sitting quietly in the vast emptiness, lies a beautiful green and blue planet: Earth.

The chaos above has left it untouched, though it still threatens the humble planet's tranquil existence.

Heavy clashes erupt from within the storm's embrace; their impacts are brutal beyond what nature could conjure. The hurricane hurls itself around wildly, its movements labored and slow but mighty. It drifts farther into space, then zooms toward the Earth a moment later before being swung back around; it's as if a war is being waged over the beastly cloud's trajectory.

The storm continues, each moment filled with thunderous flashes of bright light from within.

Following an explosive thunderclap, the tempest begins to move upwards, tossing and turning itself haphazardly. It pulls apart quickly, as though frustrated, before mashing back together again.

It whizzes past a satellite hanging in the air, barely missing it by a few meters.

Belts of gravel and space rock are flung to bits as the cloud soars higher and higher.

Penetrating the threshold between Earth's atmosphere and the infinite void, the violent gray storm crawls to a heavy stop. It seems to settle as if having calmed. The silence lasts only a few seconds before another massive clap of thunder rings out, muffled by deep space.

The clouds dissipate, splitting the hurricane in two down the middle

They separate from one another, soaring through the air wildly. The gray fluff falls away as they tumble, revealing two separate beings cloaked within.

Their appearances are alien, uncanny, and divine.

Each one is entangled in strange hues of bright light; one slender, feminine in body shape, and brimming with gold, the other slightly heavier, masculine, and wrapped in thick layers of deep violet.

Their eyes shimmer with a bright white, one flinching and the other narrowing their gaze.

Rolling through the air, the woman swings and kicks her arms out to slow herself.

She comes to a shaky stop, hovering in a hunched position. Her body, composed of brilliant, golden light, flickers as if weakened or fading.

Across from her, the purple masculine being balances himself, his movements swift and calculated. He glides to a controlled and slow stop, suspended in the air with a relaxed posture. The man's appearance is similar to his counterpart, though much more vibrant and bright.

He straightens himself in the air, extending his right arm.

A long, thin object shimmers with a metallic flash in the space between the two.

Responding to the man's abrupt gesture, the object spins and flies toward him. It practically slaps into his palm, his fingers comfortably wrapping around its shaft. The motion is clean, refined, and well-practiced, the man hardly flinching despite the object's incredible speed.

A long, dual-pronged spear rests in his grip now, its rod coiling into a point on the pommel. It's crafted of a deep black metal, drenched in a swirling mix of red and purple viscous light, dripping like thick syrup.