~Dare~

~~~Introduction~~~

        If you think this is going to be some fairy tale, it's not. I'm Alexa Brown, but I hate the name "Alexa," so people call me Lexi instead. I live in Miami, Florida, and honestly, I hate it here. I've lived here all my life, but still, I just hate it. A lot of people LOVE sunny, warm weather, but I complain all the time. I hate heat and sweat. It makes me feel really clammy. It's 100 degrees almost every day, and the only way to stay cool is to swim. And I can't swim. I mean, we have air conditioning, but it's so hot outside that it kind of just sneaks in.

          Anyways, more about myself. I like to draw. I'm actually pretty good at it, too. Maybe that's why I like it. Have you ever noticed, whatever you excell at, you like that the most? Off topic, sorry. I'm in 8th grade, and people don't really like me. I don't know why, but they just don't. I mean, I have a few friends, but they aren't that close, and not that dependable, either.

     Well, here's where the story comes in. Don't take this in like I'm a freak, but I am... different. Not like I have to go to a special school or am blind or anything like that. Just listen to my story.

      The first sign was the dream. I was in my room, and my parents knocked on the door. I said come in, of course. They came in with a birthday cake and said, "Happy Birthday! Now make a wish," so I blew out the candles and made a wish. Then they gave me a wrapped up box, and told me to open it. I did, and it was a purple stone. I asked what it was, and they said they couldn't tell me. They did say to put the rock in my mouth, though. I asked them why, and my mother yelled, "JUST DO IT!!!" I said no, because the sudden outburst of rage from my mom was strange. I wasn't sure I wanted to put the rock in my mouth. Then something happened. They started screaming really loud. Screeching almost. Then they both fell down, twitching. I thought at first that they were both having a ceizure, but they weren't.

       They started forming into odd creatures. Then mom started howling, and she turned into a werewolf. Dad turned into an odd, bat-like creature. Then he grabbed the rock from me with his claw-like hands and shoved the rock down my mom's throat. My mom suddenly stopped shaking and hovered over the ground. Then she turned back into herself and disappeared. Dad whipped his head around and pointed one of his claws at me. "YOU'RE NEXT!!!" He screeched. Then he sprang at me, and right before hit me, I woke up screaming.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked my story so far! This is my first one, so please take it easy on me. I have the next chapter written out, I just need to type it. Please comment and tell me how I did, because I would love to hear feedback, good or not. Sorry if it's too short! Thank you!!! ***Arania107