Chapter:8

"Isn't that a good thing?" Jimin answered faintly; he didn't sound surprised.

"But it's not a good thing for you, right?"

"If it's a good thing for Lisa, then it's a good thing for me," Jimin answered calmly.

"Jimin... tell me the truth, did you secretly wish that Jungkook would never wake up?"

Bang Chan was curious as to what Jimin was thinking right now; after this incident, Jimin seemed to become more mature and introverted. He also learned how to control his temper...

This was indeed magical, and it could be said that Lisa's appearance completely changed Jimin.

"Want to hear the truth?" Jimin licked his lips and answered.

"Of course, we've been friends for so long, so just shoot. I won't tell anyone anyways," Bang Chan said as he patted his chest confidently; then, he looked at Jimin, ready to gossip at his answer...

Jimin sighed slightly, and he placed his wine glass slowly onto the coffee table in front of him.

"No, not even once... rather, I hoped that Jungkook could wake up because if he didn't, neither would Lisa."

That was the only thing Jimin cared about...

Bang Chan wasn't there that day at the hospital, so he didn't know what happened specifically. If he did, he wouldn't be asking Jimin that question.

Jimin knew that if something happened to Jungkook, Lisa would kill herself... Therefore, he would never wish for Jungkook to never wake up. He was even willing to help him find the best army surgeon there was, the best hospital that existed, and the most talented team alive...

After a few days of running back and forth – he succeeded. Both Jungkook and Lisa woke up...

He, however, left ever so quietly...

He never went to the hospital again after that, because he didn't know what identity to go as. He was fine, as long as he knew that Lisa was fine. If he kept visiting, rumors might fly all over the place again.

Jimin didn't care about rumors and defamation, because to him, they were as common as a cold.

However, he didn't want to do anything that might hurt Lisa, because he cared about her reputation at South Side and in society...

All he wanted was to see her smile, even if she wasn't smiling at him.

"Holy shit... you're so chivalrous... Jim, please allow me to bow down to you," Bang Chan said as he pretended to fall to his knees.

Jimin smiled; he knew that Bang Chan was doing it on purpose to make him feel better...

"By the way, Taehyung completely gave way to desire. Dr. Jennie is so scary... we don't get to hang out with him anymore. But, I'm actually looking forward to their wedding on January 1st, oh, right, you're the best man, right? Is Lisa the maid of honor?" Bang Chan continued gossiping...

"Their wedding is still a while away, I haven't given it much thought." Jimin smiled.

Just then, Mina walked up to them in a deep V-neck black dress, paired with a white fur shawl. She looked elegant and poised.

"President Park..."

As soon as she opened her mouth, Bang Chan immediately took the hint and left...

"Yeah?" Jimin nodded.

"Why aren't you drinking? Are you in a bad mood?" Mina asked.

"I'm fine, I'm just a little sleepy."

"Would you like to stay at my place tonight?" Mina asked.