A Vinyl Record's Tale

Down the block, stood an antique shop that emanated an irresistible aura. Intrigued by an unexplainable whisper in my mind, I stepped through the door, ready to unravel the mysteries awaiting me within those hallowed walls.

On top of the counter, a box of forgotten treasures lies. My fingers, as old as time, caressed the edges of it when something caught my eye. It was an old vinyl record of the song I once sang. Time had etched its mark upon its once vibrant cover, with faded hues and delicate cracks now adorning its surface like the lines of a well-loved story of two lovers.

The crowd went wild as different pitches of cheers filled the school auditorium. I stood up, holding my guitar on my left hand as the other reached for his. He shook his head in disbelief yet his lips were curving into a wide grin, almost reaching his ears.

"You just made this school fest an excuse to serenade me, didn't you?"

"Oh, stop it!"

My hand that was reaching for him before landed on my face as I tried to hide my reddening face. He laughed, closing the distance between us, bringing my hand to his lips.

"I'll also have a Blue Christmas without you. Won't be the same, dear, if you're not here with me." He whispered lovingly, mimicking the lyrics of the Christmas song I sang earlier.

Tears cascaded down my closed eyes as I swayed along with the echoes of the song, embracing his portrait close to my chest. I fear that his warmth will one day just become a memory I once lived.

"Mom, grandma's dancing again in the antique shop while hugging grandpa's portrait."

"Let her, darling. Sometimes, it only takes one good song to bring back old memories."

***

#WattpadAThonChallenge2023

#WattpadSeptemberEntry