Chapter 9

My new life with Ellie, Maggie and Patricia was so perfect that I didn't ever want to go back to my family. It's not like they would be missing me that much, especially my supposed step brother Austin. Yeah, I think that's weird considering we dated but I don't care anymore. He's out of my life now, they all are.

Anyway, Ellie gave me a key to the house and would only lock the door at night or when we went out. She would sometimes send me down to the shops to get groceries but I didn't mind even if the weather was not on my side. I would sometimes see Megan or Porsche, and once even Hillary, but I didn't say a word as we passed. They wouldn't recognize me now anyway.

I dyed my hair into a beautiful purple and started wearing a lot of black hoodie and leggings to hide in which thankfully did the trick. I didn't want to be found by my family, because I didn't want to go home anymore. It sounds selfish, I know, but no one in this house I'm in wants me to leave yet. After all the hurt and insults my old life gave me I don't want to go back, especially since I hid behind a mask and pretended I was okay when I actually felt like dying. That was a very hard life to live, and I never would have expected Ellie of all people to help me smile again, to brighten my days like she first intended.

And now here we are, coming to the end of the story about how I fell in love with the very girl who kidnapped me from my home, stole me from my life and then changed it in every way. Of course we're happy now and I can even go out now, but something happened after a few weeks of police cars passing the house looking for me. Was it something good you may ask? Yeah right, it was the complete opposite but the day started out pretty normal.

I woke up early in the morning to find Ellie not in bed beside me, but Hannah was curled up on the pillow where my girlfriend's head once lay to rest. With a small laugh, I stroked my gorgeous cat until she woke up with a meow, wanting her usual breakfast which was a pouch of tune from Whiskas.

Downstairs, Ellie was in the kitchen with the radio playing the new single 'Wolves' sung by my favourite singer Selena Gomez and the music for the track was by Marshmello who was absolutely amazing. The smell of pancakes was in the air and I smiled, this place is so awesome.

I've been running through the jungle
I've been running with the wolves
To get to you, to get to you
I've been down the darkest alleys
Saw the dark side of the moon
To get to you, to get to you
I've looked for love in every stranger
Took too much to ease the anger
All for you, yeah, all for you
I've been running through the jungle
I've been crying with the wolves
To get to you, to get to you
Oh to get to you

Ellie smiled at me and said, "Good morning" when I came in to get Hannah her somewhat long awaited breakfast. I did have to put on my clothes for going out, black hoodie with matching leggings and trainers. Sometimes I would wear heels or even boots, but my trainers were the most comfortable of my footwear and something Megan would never expect me to wear.

"Morning, sweetie. I'll be going out for five or so minutes, we're running out of pouches for Hannah," I answered, trying to get the cat food out of the just opened pouch while trying to stop the cat from getting at it. The things that she would do for this kind of food could involve getting into a bath without a struggle, but we haven't experimented with that one yet.

"That's fine, honey. Just stay safe," Ellie said with a laugh while getting Hannah down from the counter. When the cat was finally taken care of, I headed out the door with a goodbye to my most favourite girl in the world. Outside, the clouds were beginning to close in so I ran most of the way before almost running right into my own sister. Porsche and Hillary were just behind her, eyes searching round the streets, completely unaware that their missing friend was right in front of them.

"Please watch where you're going," Megan muttered darkly, walking past me and dragging Hillary and Porsche with her. I let out a small laugh and the girls all looked at me, instantly recognizing the sound.

"Is that any way to talk to your sister?" I asked with a smirk after throwing my hood off. Megan's scream was so loud I'm sure Ellie could have heard it but before I had time to think they had pulled me into a tight hug.

"Where the heck have you been, Isa? I have been looking for you for just about a month now! And I don't know what happened to you, but I don't care anymore. Now you can come home with us," Megan was saying when we pulled away. But it wasn't my home anymore, I have a new life now.

"Call off the search, but don't expect me to come home," I answered, pulling my hand away. Porsche and Hillary had a mixed look of hurt and confusion, while Megan looked downright upset and furious.

"Come on, sis. Don't be so ridiculous, everyone has been worried about you. I mean, we didn't know if you were dead or alive and Mother asked me if you were found yet every day," she said, trying hard not to cry. I should have felt guilty at this point, but I didn't feel anything at all for her or the other two strange girls who never knew anything was wrong with me.

"Please, just come home with us," Hillary said, taking a step closer. But I took two steps back and pulled my hood back over my head.

"I have a new home now, you mean nothing to me anymore. Goodbye Megan, Porsche, Hillary. And please remember to call off the search," I said before turning around and walking away. Megan burst into tears behind me, but not once did I turn around.

I walked away from them, just like they had done to me repeatedly. Until I was over that life.....