𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 9

~

𝙿𝚄𝚃𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙿𝙸𝙴𝙲𝙴𝚂 𝚃𝙾𝙶𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁

{𝙳𝙴𝙺𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝙽}

While I still wasn't ready to go back to campus, I was powering through my school work as if I was actually in the classrooms. My grades were still up, and most of my teachers always checked in on me to make sure I was doin' okay.

Jorja had been back and forth between campus and her mom's house. We were talkin' again, which I was grateful for. But she still wouldn't tell me what I really wanted to know. So, like before, I had to do my own research.

The Quilete Tribe had a rich history, just as rich as vampires. Apparently, their lineage is just as, if not, more ancient than vampires.

They were warriors, their strength through the leadership of Chief Taha Aki allowing them to form into werewolves as time passed. Back then, they were called shapeshifters. Seemed appropriate. Their mortal enemy were vampires. It explained why Jorja had such a newfound hatred for Mani and her family.

Though my own research gave me the answers I was lookin' for, I needed to hear it directly from Jorja. And her dumb ass pact with Megan was preventing her from doin' that.

The fact alone pissed me off. So much so, that I thought nothing of goin' over to Ms. Steph's place. She answered the door, her usual welcoming smile being replaced with a look of worry and regret.

"Hey, love," she greeted. "I'm sorry, but it's not a good time."

"I need to see her," I said, referring to Jorja.

"She can't see you, right now, D. Please try to understand..."

Sighing, I nodded my head, playin' at leaving as she closed the door. But I went out back instead. And low and behold, there they were – Megan and her cult. Just seein' their smug face had me heated.

"What ya'll do to her, yo?" I asked, hostility all in my voice as I approached them.

"What I tell ya'll?" One of them chuckled. "She was gonna go see him and he'd come runnin' like her little lap dog."

"Watch your fuckin' mouth! I ain't no one's dog. Especially not yours. Now, what did ya'll do to Jorja?"

"What we did?" he asked in disbelief. "That's rich! Comin' from someone who fell in love with a bloodsucker..."

I shoved him away from me, Megan steppin' up in all seriousness.

"Ya'll chill out!" she commanded.

"For real," Justine chimed in. "Darren, you know D isn't our enemy. Why you always instigatin' shit?"

"Nah..." Darren seethed, "...somebody needs to bring him down a few notches..."

"What?" I challenged. "You gon' humble me? Humble me, then, homeboy..."

I slapped him around as his breathing grew shallow.

"D, I wouldn't..." Justine warned.

But I wasn't trynna hear all that. Nigga wanna try and humble me? Let's do it, then. He was clearly ticked off, and I was too heated to see steam literally rising from his body.

A fierce growl bellowed from his throat as his canines began to grow. His entire body was trembling in anger, me suddenly takin' a step back.

"Darren," Meg said, "calm down..."