Chapter 2

(Umeji's POV)

This... girl, who I've never met, asks me to be her friend? Instead of responding, I walk out. This is getting too touchy-feely for me.

"Ok, see you later!!" Taeko-san calls.

She kind of reminds me of, well, me, before all the shit happened. But, she's too optimistic. Not my type.

She is kinda cute though... You know you want her... 

I don't think I really want a relationship now. Even if I wanted one, it's not like anyone would care. Because you're a delinquent. 

"Hey, Umeji!!"

Gaku calls out to me. When I arrive, he lightly hits me with the bat.

"What took you so long?"

"Well, it's a long story."

"We're going to class late anyways. C'mon, spit it out."

I pause. What would they think of me?

"Or are you a wimp? Be a man."

"Ok, well~"

(Taeko's POV)

Maybe Umeji-kun is just having a bad day. But still, my first friend! I plop down in my seat, and pull out my diary. I occasionally scan around the classroom to see if Umeji-kun is here. I write in my diary.

(In Taeko's Diary)

8:00: I just made a new friend. Umeji-kun. He seems nice but shy. Maybe I can make him feel better.

8:07: Umeji-kun leaves. Probably a bad day.

8:15: Waiting for class to start. Kids come in and assume seats. 

8:26: Class is about to start. Umeji-kun is not here.

8:30: Class starts. Still not here.

(Umeji's POV)

"So, you got your eye on a lady?" Dairoku asks.

"Not like that... She's very..." I begin to reply.

"Innocent?"

"Yeah. Bet you 10 bucks she can't harm a fly."

"Can I take you up on that?"Hayanari questions, though he knows the answer.

"No."

"8:40. Time to get to class. I will teach you the ways of ladies, my friend. I am very experienced." Hokuto jokes.

"Yeah, Hokuto, I'll come to you when I need advice on breakups." I reply.

We erupt with laughter as we walk through the hallways.