The seperation

ALTHEA POV:

It's been three weeks since my mom and dad's divorce had been finalized.
I had been living with my mom during those three weeks. Although dad's house was closer to my then high school, i didn't bother staying with him cause decided mom needed me more during the period.
Truthfully, I never really understood what had happened to make dad file for a divorce
He had been more argumentative and quarrelsome during the past year, I guess it was only a matter of time before the real reason to his sudden change became known.
It turned out that he had been cheating on mom with a 22 year old for the past year and half . His change was as a result of my mum finding out. I guess he had enough of their quarrels or had completely been brain washed by his lover either way he filed for a divorce
At first mom was reluctant cause she comes from an African county with African parents who where religious, so according to her divorce were against her beliefs.
But after being somewhat forced by my dad, she decided to let him be and sign the papers
All this was crazy cause I never knew my father to be unfaithful.
My dad was a 56 year old while my mum was 50. I was their only child and they had had me 4 years after marriage. They were both lawyers and had met in the firm they worked, so to say we were rich .
He was white while my mum was an African woman .So I was an African American
Although by my genes I looked completely like a white rather than an African American.
''Lanle, have you finished packing your thing?' My mum called from the other room.' In a little bit' I replied her.
Although I was tired out of my mind I knew my mom needed the space. She had decided to go and see her parents bank home In Nigeria as a form of vacation of sorts since it had been a while she had seen her parents.