You've always had two left feet. Growing up, it would cause a scene when you tripped while holding something or running into someone and spilling something on them. Your clumsiness left your arms and legs always covered in cuts and bruises. You became the running joke of the family, heck, even between your friends as well. You tried to laugh along, after all, they're still hanging out with you... right?

Wrong.

Turns out you were just a pity friend. Excluded from the main group chat and being constantly left out while all your other friends hung out without you. Fine, whatever, you were an adult! You shouldn't be hanging around those kinds of people anyways. With the support of your family, you managed to locate somewhere else to live, in a quaint little neighborhood in a gorgeous wooded area. The move was, as moves usually are, stressful. But your family helped you out so much, you couldn't imagine doing it without them.

You were excited to have a fresh start. And the neighborhood you moved into was excited to have a new face. They were more than happy to help you move your things in, and even helped unpack! They even baked you a welcome pie, which took all your willpower to not immediately dig into it like a wild animal.

The unpacking went smoothly, except for a couple of crashes into your poor neighbors, who didn't seem too bothered. But still, you silently worried. You think that they noticed how nervous you were, because they always made sure to reassure you that yes, it really was okay. And they seemed truly genuine, which satiated your insecurities for the time being. Over time, you actually began to believe them. There was never a neighborhood hangout hosted without someone inviting you, or even asking you to help plan it and set it up! Of course, mishaps would always happen one way or another, but your neighbors learned to prepare themselves with anything extra if you broke or smashed something, and you began to bring an extra change of clothes everywhere.

No matter what event was being hosted, you had an opportunity to sit back and watch everybody else. Choosing to stay on the picnic blanket and watch the others run around with a frisbee, or opting to stay off stage and out of the spotlight during karaoke night or when Sally hosted a play. Your favorite was movie night. Just getting to sit down and watch television with all of your friends doing the same thing, not feeling left out or awkward or afraid of messing anything up.

Which unfortunately, you are not getting the opportunity to enjoy tonight. Julie excitedly arranged for a dance party at her house, and it was a really big deal. Every party is a big deal to Julie. When Julie invited the neighborhood, you really tried to let her down easy, that no, you really and truly did not think it was a good idea for you to go. But she really did insist, telling you that it wouldn't be the same if you weren't there, and getting everyone else to voice their agreement with her.

So of course, you caved. You wanted nothing more than to please your neighbors. If they really wanted you to go, you would, but you would probably just be a wallflower all night, as usual.

Julie didn't really believe you when you promised to come, so she actually assigned someone to come pick you up and escort you to make sure you kept your promise. You would never break a promise to a friend, but the situation did make you laugh. They seemed to know you very well, well enough to realize how much you hate dancing. And it really warmed your heart that, despite all your accidents, they still wanted to have you around. Dancing with them, no less.

Thinking about the night that you are about to experience has you nervously smoothing out your outfit in the mirror, and nitpicking the little details about yourself. Sure, you had no plan to actually dance, but you still wanted to put in effort for your friends. Your escort will be here any moment now, which makes you feel restless. You just wanted to get this over with already.