֗ ִ ˖ 𝗸𝗮𝗲𝘆𝗮

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ╱ kaeya's bday

     "𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗡'𝗧 he arrived?" Lucy mumbles from her position, currently tucked behind the bar of the Angel's Share. Soft birthday music plays on a spin crystal she'd bought the week prior from a traveling merchant, filling the Mondstadt bar with special melodies. The woman plays with the anemo vision dangling from her hip, picking it up and letting it clack back against the wooden floor.

     "Perhaps he already- hic! Had one too many and stumbled into the Cat's Tail- hic!" Venti giggles with a hiccup from beside her, Diluc glaring down at the bard,

     "Believe me, my brother would have no issue getting to the biggest selection of alcohol."

     "Your brother promised me he'd show up, I'm going to go fetch him. You said people were giving him gifts in his office, correct?"

     Diluc nods, and before Lucy can fully leave the building, she sees everyone crawling out from their hiding spots. Jean behind where the door would swing open, Albedo keeping Klee quiet underneath a table, and finally, Eula and Amber upstairs by the balcony. Everyone else should be arriving later, after the initial surprise, but it didn't seem like things were working out. Not when the man of the hour wasn't on time.

     Lucy leaves the tavern and exits into the first hints of the evening, a gentle shower falling across the City of Freedom. Only a few rainclouds hung in the sky, the golden haze shining in between the empty spaces and creating homely warmth despite the cold droplets.

------

     When finally reaching the Knights of Favonius Headquarters, Lucy's brown hair had fallen flat against her head and water slid uncomfortably under her intricate seafoam outfit. She preferred to dress in attire she could still fight in, hence why a polearm fit snugly against her back. She had always been an overthinker, what if the Cavalry Captain was hurt?

     She scurries into the building hurriedly at this thought, eyes wide with concern. Kaeya's office was the second door to the left, she knew this on instinct alone. Entwining lips and bodies had stumbled through the entrance many times before.

     "Kae?" Lucy nearly slips through the doorway on the marble floor against her wet shoes, but regains her balance with a helping windy hand. A helpful element to possess power over.

     Quiet snores fill the near-empty room, usually bustling with knights running in and out. Lucy exhales at the sight before her, smiling at the Captain sleeping against his desk. Gifts littered the surface around him, a bottle of wine from Diluc, a bouquet of dandelion flowers from Jean, books from Lisa, bombs (oh archons...) from Klee, and so on. It seemed Kaeya had gotten all too busy with work and had forgotten all about the random commitment he made to his lover.