Science fiction. The Future

It is 2075 and the future is not here yet. That ultimate future where humans will be able to predict everything and even decide their destinies. With such accuracy that it will be as certain as the change of seasons and the sunrise that is followed by the sunset. In 2075, humans are very close to achieving this utopia like perfection in almost everything. But for some reason it tends to be an evasive future, because in 2075, human society and humans as well, have been hacked!

Hacked. Yes, that is correct!

With exponential growth of technology and population explosion, the Earth in 2075 is expected to generate resources for more than 9 billion people. And among these, almost 14% are neo humans. Humans who have achieved ultimate augmentation by syncing their brains with artificial intelligence. They are superior in many ways:

They think quickerThey process data at much faster rateThey live longerTheir knowledge is endlessThey directly sync with intelligent networksAnd a lot moreThey receive intelligent data feeds on daily basis

And they lead a life of luxury and riches, only because they form the Elite class of the society in 2075.

But what about the remaining 86% of the population?

Well they are distraught and they do not lead a life of complete luxury. They lead a life of day to day hopes, day to day needs, but somehow; to most of them it seems this is how it has always been and how it is meant to be. And they find nothing hideous or objectionable about this lifestyle.

However, in 2075 there are many from this ordinary class of men and women who feel they are being hoodwinked and misled. Because they cannot access all facilities that the Elite class is able to access. Take for example: state of the art health care facilities, clean air, eco friendly and smart cities and a lot more. Most of this is a dream for this remaining population of 86%.

They do not lead a squalid life at all, but they do not lead a special and privileged life either. And this is what is beginning to seek root in the minds of few people. At the moment they are not questioning the existing societal distinction between them and the Elite class. But they are questioning the Hobson's choice being offered to them when it comes to availing facilities and necessities. And most of the time they have to be content with what they get.

They live in places where air quality is poor, health care facilities are in shambles, water quality is not the one meant to meet human standards of hygiene and purity. And this is the reason the mortality rate is very high in this section of the population. The majority of the population. And for the Elites this is nothing but a hinterland from where they seek just one thing: The mutants!

Based on the calculations of the AI system owned by the Elites, many humans in this ordinary and not so significant population have mutated and developed traits that one day would offer them superiority over the Elite society, who by now are excessively dependent on AI and the intelligence augmentation achieved by them by syncing their brains with intelligent chips. As the Elites achieved refinements in this technology and got dependent on it, their children developed an incurable deformity. Their brains shrank and their ability to organically process queries reduced considerably, to the extent that without auxiliary means of processing data, their brains were unable to absorb information and then process it. Their neurons had lost the ability to fire up in sequences leading to intellectual and scientific thinking. Because with intelligence augmentation they had forgotten to imagine, to think, to ponder, to wonder, to feel, to love, to smile, to form true relationships and everything else that contributes to the development of the human brain. And this is beginning to worry the Elite society because they have no cure for it as of now. And if they disconnect from the neural network, their society will be rendered defunct and totally paralysed.