Wasted

"Your skin is so soft..."

"I'll make you comfortable..."

"Just breathe in and out for me..."

"Take your time..."

"Nobody has to know..."

"It's just me and you, baby girl..."

I woke up from my nap and stretched. I've been sleep for hours. Lampy let me sleep in her room while she was in the living room. She lets me sleep all the time when I'm stressed out. I checked my phone and I didn't have any messages from Rome. I just had a bunch of notifications. Tomorrow after school I go straight to work...*sigh*

I get out of bed and walk in the living room. Lampy was listening to some slow music as she was doing some homework.

"Oh, you're out of bed I see,"

"Yeah...doing homework?"

"Yeah. This semester is gonna go by quick! I can already see it. How'd you sleep?"

"It was cool. Had this dream about a guy though. I couldn't make out his face for some reason,"

"Dreams can be so weird. I had a dream me and Duke Dennis were about to come back to my place and my dream ended. Never been so pissed in my life,"

"I hate when that happens!"

"I be ready to shoot somebody!"

"What's up with you and the guy you're talking too?" I asked, sitting back on the couch.

"We don't talk anymore. We was supposed to go out on this date and we ended up driving around. He was trynna stall and thought I was some cheap shot at fucking him but I'm like no. We're strangers at the end of the day. No,"

"That's a waste of your time,"

"A total waste. The one time I try to go on a nice date, we don't even end up going," she rolled her eyes.

"I haven't been on a date in two years..."

"Even out of all the times ya did make up, he didn't take you out?"

"No,"

"That's pathetic as hell. But at least you're getting away from that,"

"My dad told me to look out for guys like that. I knew better. I didn't even listen. He taught me all the ropes...only for me to not even abide by the fucking rules,"

"Don't blame yourself—"

"Why not, Lampy? Why not?"

"Because you didn't know he was gonna end up like this. You can know a person and still never truly know the person. People just take chances,"

"But even when it did happened and shit changed, I still stayed like a fucking idiot,"

"You're not an idiot, you just made a mistake,"

"An idiot,"

"Okay. Whatever you say girl,"

"It's okay to say I'm wrong,"

"And he's wrong too. Honestly, you can pack all your shit and just come with me until you move. I'll help you!"

"Gotta be a day I'm not busy,"

"His ole no good ass ain't worth staying with anyway! Fuck him! Shoo...get with the anatomy teacher for crying out loud,"

"Huh?"

"You said he was fine. Take that leap of faith,"

"Girl—he's my teacher! And I see nothing more than us having a professional work relationship. That is all,"