● o n e ●

After five years working as an editor for a small company that paid only the minimum to survive, Ophelia decided that it was time for a change. After sending her resume to different companies, she stumbled upon a job advertised from Mythical Entertainment. She was familiar with the content that Rhett and Link offered, so she sent the resume without a second thought.
After shutting down for the day, she decided to go out with her long-time friend, Gemma, her sister from another mother, as they would often say. They met at a small karaoke bar downtown LA, and got a table somewhere in the middle, close enough to a group of six or seven people who were debating if they should sign to give a representation. Gemma nudged Ophelia to look at the table, as she saw two attractive men.

"Girl, look to your right, hot men at three o'clock."

Ophelia slightly turned her head in the pointed direction, her eyes widening as she recognised the two men that Gemma saw, instantly turning her head to her friend.

"Holy frick! Those are Rhett and Link from GMM!" she whispered back. "I sent my resume to their company. They might become my bosses, if I'm lucky." she added.

"Who cares? They're hot."

"They're married, Gemma! They have kids!" Ophelia snapped back.

"Shoot! Too bad..." Gemma added, disappointed by the news she received. "I ain't no homewrecker, so I will just stay back. But you will have to sing me a song tonight."

"Gemma... you know that I can't do it as I once did it..." Ophelia defended herself. "I still didn't get over Stephen... karaoke was our thing. I might also add that I regret coming here tonight, but you have such a way to get under my skin... ugh..." she pouts. "You're lucky that I love you..."

"How do I put this? I already got you on the list, but you should go and get your track down. So... you should hurry." Gemma said, a satisfied grin on her face.

"What?!" Ophelia shouted, making the people at the table next to them turn their heads, Link and Rhett included. Ophelia turned to apologise, but her eyes met Link's blue ones, her mouth agape, and her brain completely blank. "Excuse me..." she said as her cheeks went red, and she made a beeline to the DJ.

After she talked to the DJ, she returned to the table, a murderous look on her face, her eyes set on Gemma. She sat down before she took a sip from her drink.

"As I said before , you're lucky that I love you." she told her best friend.

She turned her head to her right as she heard some chuckles, and she instantly recognised it. Link was now laughing with Rhett as someone else was saying something. She felt her cheeks burning again, a knot forming in her stomach. 'No... tell me that I'm not falling for a married guy.'  She was brought back to reality as she heard her name called by the DJ. She was opening the karaoke night. She inhaled deeply as she stood up, smiling a bit as Gemma clapped to encourage her, followed by other people in the bar. She made her way to the stage and took the mic, nodding to the DJ as he played the track.

Did you really think I'd just forgive and forget, no

Ophelia sang as she looked at her audience, her voice full of confidence and emotion from the very beginning.

After catching you with her
Your blood should run cold, so cold
You, you two-timing, cheap-lying, wannabe

Closing her eyes, she felt anger washing over her as she remembered how she was cheated on.

You're a fool, if you thought that I'd just let this go

She opened her eyes, only to see Link fixating her, a wave of confidence pouring through her veins.