ONE

EVEN IF I DIE, IT'S YOU.
written by vantelore

Two 'straights' guys should not fall in love. Especially not when it is the 1840s and Jungkook is Taehyung's servant.

But as wrong as it seems; sometimes, the most wrongful sin and the most worthful thing are the same anyway.

Lucifen © 2020

reader discretion is advised!

THIS BOOK CONTAINS

✿ extreme angst ✿
✿ homophobia ✿
✿ smut ✿
✿ short fic ✿

╰┈➤ please proceed ONLY if you're comfortable with the themes mentioned above. i do NOT condone any comfort of glorification and romanticization in the comments will be taken down.

✞✞✞

A soft gasp escaped Jungkook's lips as his eyes widened in shock, his lithe frame leaning back against the exquisite table behind him, feeling utterly entrapped.

"Please, release me," Jungkook stammered, his cheeks flushed with a rosy hue as he swallowed a lump in his throat. His heart was pounding erratically, betraying his composure. "What are you doing?" Jungkook questioned, feeling Taehyung's hands encircle his slender waist.

"T-Taehyung, someone might see us," Jungkook murmured, his voice trembling with fear and apprehension.

"Do I really have to?" Taehyung whispered, his lips brushing against Jungkook's neck as he trailed wet kisses along his skin.

"We are both men, Taehyung. We cannot act in such a manner," Jungkook protested, attempting to push Taehyung away, but instead, he felt the grip around his waist tighten.

"Oh, look! There's someone standing in the doorway!" Jungkook exclaimed, his eyes widening in alarm. Taehyung quickly withdrew, his expression fraught with panic as he peered toward the entrance, but there was no one in sight. Frowning, he turned back to Jungkook, his gaze sharp and piercing.

"Your reaction was priceless," Jungkook giggled, unable to contain his mirth, but he winced when Taehyung pinched his side. "I despise you!" Taehyung snapped, his eyes flashing with anger.

Jungkook chuckled once more, covering his mouth with his delicate hands, attempting to stifle his laughter. "As you wish," Jungkook muttered under his breath, his voice laced with amusement.

"I am the future king, and you are merely a servant. How dare you laugh at me?" Taehyung growled, his eyes darkening with fury.

Jungkook's melodious chuckles ceased and his countenance faltered, descending into a crestfallen expression. "I beg your pardon," Jungkook murmured, biting his plump lower lip and averting his gaze- recollecting that he was merely a lowly servant.

"Now that's more to my liking," Taehyung beamed with pride, eliciting a slight nod from Jungkook. The latter nibbled on the inside of his mouth, feeling his throat parched with remorse for alluding to their disparate social standings and belittling Jungkook once again.

However, Taehyung couldn't help himself. He had always been haughty, insolent, and never failed to remind others of his superiority- his impeccable appearance, opulence, and possession of everything he desired. But did he truly have everything he wanted?

Taehyung's parents had passed away when he was a mere ten years old- an odd age to lose one's parents, yet he had managed to ascend to the throne of this kingdom. Now, at the tender age of nineteen, he was the ruler of this land.

A child who had grown up without the guidance of his parents, he had no one to instruct him on the difference between right and wrong. Thus, he had begun to do as he pleased.

However, he now resided with other people- the royal family of some European countries who had been friends with Taehyung's parents. They had arrived to assist Taehyung in his coronation, in case he required someone by his side during this momentous occasion.

Taehyung tenderly pressed his lips against Jungkook's forehead before withdrawing, a small smile gracing his lips. Jungkook's cheeks flushed a rosy hue, and he covered his face with his delicate hands. "You shouldn't do such things to a man, Taehyung. It's rather peculiar," he sweetly mumbled, peeking at Taehyung through his fingers.

To be frank, as one could surmise, Taehyung and Jungkook had known each other for an extended period.

Jungkook's parents had served the late king and queen, and he had spent his entire childhood within the palace walls. As the days passed, Taehyung had approached Jungkook since he was the only person around his age within the palace. Now, Jungkook worked as a servant here.

"But you enjoy it, don't you?"

Jungkook shook his head. "No, I don't. It's gross." Jungkook exhaled out a deep breath, walking away.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung called out, making JUngkook turn around, his eyes filled with confusion.

With a mischievous glint in his eye, Taehyung began to speak, but his words trailed off as he nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Um, I just wanted to say that... well, I think I should do this more often," Taehyung said, gesturing toward Jungkook's blushing cheeks. "You look absolutely stunning when you're all flustered like that."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Will you cut it out already?" Jungkook grumbled, watching as Taehyung took off running. Despite his annoyance, Jungkook couldn't help but feel a warm, fuzzy feeling in his chest at Taehyung's playful antics.