Chapter 16

After that awkward eye contact at the garden, I refuse to look at him as more than a monster.

He dare fool me?!?! Would have fallen in his trap if I didn't know any better....

We then walked in silence till we reached the "library" that he said he would show but I except nothing. I thought it was hilarious when he told me to close my eyes. I just knew that he was going to go something horrible as soon as I open my eyes. I was being dragged to somewhere dark. Even with my eyes closed the place didnt feel like it had human presence in longgggg while

This guy is definitely taking me to my doom...

"Wait here", he said as he let go of my hand and waved off ed the servants following us. I stood in fear and starting contemplating my decision of coming here...

"Open your eyes, Princess. Fear not as I am with you for now and there is nothing I want more than that"

I slowly opened my eyes, ready to behold another horrifying thing but THIS

This was absolutely amazing....

I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding. I stared at everything in front of me in awe. Every paper, every book, every shelf, every corner was covered with something or other that held history and i loved it. I forgot Azazel's presence until he came into my peripheral vision. I regained my posture and stopped staring at everything in awe.

When I looked at him, everything fell in place...

????

What is that i am feeling right now?? Empathy for my eternal enemy...

He was looking at me with the most genuine smile I ever seen out of anyone other than mother. He looked like he found his purpose whilst staring into my eyes like they held the world.

Then he stopped... and pulled on the mask...

" I see you like it. I shall have my leave since I have a lot to do. Enjoy your stay in my personal library Princess"

I stared at his retrieving figure until the door slammed shut and I was all alone.

Well that was weird but who cares when it looks like i have a lot of fun reading to do..

I sat down, taking a book and started reading it.

Soon it was dark and I just finished the book. I let out a sigh of contempt and just closed it when,

"I see you overstayed your welcome here but it's alright. Everyone falls for this. So tell me Princess how do I look now?"

There was a moment of silence as he stared at me like he won me over

"You look the same Azazel. Horrible monster who would do anything to get what he wants. Lonely as ever. My hatred and disgust for you shall never perish until the day i avenge my mother. You think bringing me a library would change that. I most definitely think you are in desperate need etiquette lessons because there are some things that you just don't seem to understand."

As i walked pass him, I said to servants "I shall have my supper in my room because you majesty and I both need some thinking to do, isn't that right, your majesty?", turning to him.

He said nothing. i swear i saw him clench his jaw... it was dark but I'm sure of it

With that I turned around without looking back until I reached my room. I closed the door behind me and my knees felt weak. I seeped down with my back against the door. I don't know why that was suffocating and hard.

Who does he think he is?? Some kind of prince Charming that saved a damsel in distress??

This feels so much harder than saying my past to Sebastian.