Uno/one

⁠~ House Targaryen ⁠~

Princess Valaena Targaryen was Rheanyra Targaryen's firstborn. Her daughter, the rightful heir who would inherit the Iron Throne, leaving her to rule the seven kingdoms.

It was no secret that Valaena was a true Targaryen, with her long white locks and piecing lilac eyes. The girl was only Eight winters old (this first chapter fyi), but she had already been growing into the fine young woman she would be one day. She was a kind Princess, with her heart in the right place. She loved her family fiercely and would do anything for them.

It was no secret that Valaena was Laenor's Daughter, was well as her little brothers, Jacaerys and Lucerys Velaryon, who would be later joined by Joffrey. The young girl's skin was a combination of white with a soft blush of pink, while her cousin's looked like hers, they were blessed with their mother's. None of her brother's, and her, were Laenor's biological children, but he still was a father for them. Her brother's looked an awful lot like the knight that goes by the name of ser Harwin strong. Everyone has it, but one said it for the king promised to take whoever's tongue that would even dare to speak such lies.

For as her, she looked like a Combination of Rheanyra and her uncle, Daemon. Rheanyra never told Valaena the truth, thinking it would weaken the bond the two had. But Valaena was no fool. Everyone could see the bond the two lovers shared, and from a bond came a white pearl with the name Valaena Targaryen.

Valaena spent most of her time roaming outside getting lost in the cloud's. The only thing she ever dreamt of was having a dragon of her own, leaving her empty handed and upset. For years she blamed herself, thinking she could have done something different. But her mother reassured her that she will find a dragon one day, a dragon that chooses her and vows to protect her against everything and everyone.

One day, on a late evening, Valaena snuck out of the castle to go on little adventures. She could not go so far, because of the guards, but she still had little passangeways that were only used by her. Or so she thought.

The young girl was so lost in her own world that she did not notice the two eyes staring at her. Every night, like clockwork. The young boy had always felt some sort of bond that drew him to her. But he never took the opportunity to talk to speak with her. he felt lost, just like her.

Valaena  ventured off deep beneath the grounds, through tunnels that were long abandoned. Every step she took, she reached somewhere further than the day before. Until she reached the end. She had discovered the place that her mind was so sure of that exists. And she was right. It was incredibly dark, leaving her torch the only source of light and warmth.

The young girl trached her bony fingers over the walls, over the scratches that were plastered across. The scratches that were larger than others. Must have been a dragon, she thought. She had never been this close to one, even if it were only the Scratches.

Valaena explored every little coner of the secret place. For any other person this would look boring, but it was everything thing to her.

She stood facing a wall, a smile spread across her face. Her smile faded as she heard rumbling behind her. There was one spot she had not yet explored and now, she wasn't sure she wanted to.

In the coner of her eyes she saw a large beast crawling at her, he opened his mouth as wide as the place she was currently trapped in. This was it she thought, this was where she would die. Alone in a place where no one would ever find her.

She thought about her mother in that moment. How brave she had always been and how brave raised her children to be. So Valaena did what Valaena did best, she stood up straight and acted brave. She held her torch next to the beast. Her eyes widened at the sight of the most beautiful dragon she had ever seen. The Dragon was best known as Meraxes. She felt confused, her mother had always said to her the Dragon was held at Dragonstone, in one of the smoking caverns. How did she get here? And why did get here?

Meraxes crawled closer to the girl, but she did not back down. "Meraxes, lykiri." (Clam down) she yelled, but the beast did not clam down, nor did he stop crawling. Valaena opened her mouth again, yelling, "Dohaeris!" (Obey) Meraxes snorted, but halted. The sliver/pale pink dragon was even more beautiful than everyone described. Her wings were sliver coloured, with horn's sticking out on both sides of his head. She knew she was a large dragon, she was the second largest.

Valaena took tiny steps towards her, muttering lykiri under her breath, hoping she would not get any cazy ideas. But she did not, Meraxes felt Valaena the moment she stepped foot in this place. It was the reason she had followed her here, to strengthen the bond between the two. Just like she had with Queen Rheanys Targaryen. She felt her heart, and she decided for her to be his next rider.

Her steps took a halt as she reached the dragon's nose. She was grumbling, very low, but enough for her to on edge. She reached for her nose, being careful of the horns that were sticking out. She placed her hand on her nose and instantly felt connected to the beast. She always envied her brother's for having dragon's, they were always so happy being surrounded by them. She wanted that feeling too. And now, she decided to take it and never let go.

The young Princess retreated her hand and walked to the side of the dragon. She placed both hands on his hard skin, wishing you be closer to her. Valaena put on her big girl pants and swalloed a few times before she attempted to climb the large dragon. The girl was only merely 5'0, but her bravery was for sure 7'4. It took her a few tries, some mumbles from Meraxes herself, but she had managed to crawl onto her back. Valaena did not know this feeling. It felt like she was an unstoppable force of nature, feared by everyone. She knew the dragon had no saddle, but she took the risk to hit her leg against his side, she should be able to be free. She yelled, "Soves!" (fly) Meraxes stood up and spread. She did not bother going through the tunnels, he went straight up, through the soils of the earth until he reached the outside. Valaena hung on for dear life, but she trusted her. No one would touch her, not when Meraxes was around. Guards from all around the place panicked, calling for help. It only made Valaena laugh.

The young Prince, who was still standing on the balcony, still looking at her, was witnessing everything that happened around her. Aemond was never one for feeling, but he couldn't help but feel something strange for as he watched it all unfold. Did he feel proud? he himself did not know, but it didn't stop him from smiling as he heard the girl laugh.

Everyone rushed outside to see what was happening. Rheanyra stood watching through her window with her newest babe, Joffrey cradled in her arms. She felt fear for Valaena's life, but she knew her daughter. She knew what she was capable of, and she as only Eight winters old (this is first chapter fyi). It made her think of the future, and grew curious to see how everything would unfold.

Valaena screamed as Meraxes took off in a straight line to the clouds above them. The young Princess felt her grip loosen, to the point where she was dangling off the dragon's back. She had never felt adrenaline like the befor, even if it meant she could die. But Meraxes change her position making Valaena fall flat on her arse on her back. She laughed at her as she screamed at her, "that was evil!" She was whopping in the sky for the rest of their flight.

Valaena had one thing she had dreamed of.

Or maybe not only thing, for as her eye caught the young prince. And she never turned down a challenge, as was proven.

A/N; Hi I Hope you like this chapter💕

This story will follow the show closely, but it is a FanFic so some details might change. haven't seen much house of the Dragon Fanfic's on here so I thought I would make MY OWN ONE.

I DID NOT TAKE THIS STORY OR COPY IT, IT CAME FROM MY IMAGINATION.

The cover does not belong to me I found it on Pinterest credits @teaandrose

I don't write anywhere else other than Neo book and Wattpad.

1520 Words