𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸? 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺.. ☁️

FLUFF (short)

Y/N has been having difficulties in solving her homework so she invites her genius boyfriend to help her.

SCHOOL AU -

_______________________________________

Y/N's POV -

I've been having a lot of problems lately.. and now.. math became our newest addition to that list. Isn't that great..?

I sighed while clearing my thoughts. Any possible solution that made it through my mind could be easily discarded, except for one.

Call Scaramouche.

But he's probably busy.. i shouldn't bother him..

And as if he could read my mind, my phone lit up from a notification, sent by none other than my very talented boyfriend.

"Having trouble with your homework again, love?"

I read. But i simply shrugged it off and continued to skim through the pages of my math book, still unable to understand or depict the examples, equations, and even images attached to the pages.

My phone lit up again.

"I'll take that as a yes. Leave your front door unlocked, i'm coming over." -9 minutes ago.

My eyes widened. Is he really coming by!? Like- right now!? He cannot be serious-

I heard the doorbell ring. I immediately acted upon my thoughts and rushed down to open the door.

"I thought i told you to leave it unlocked?" He questioned, whilst taking his shoes off and placing them neatly onto the shoe rack.

"Sorry.. i only got your text now.." I mumbled, watching his careful actions. I saw how his hand made its way to my cheek, gently caressing it.

"Well, that can't be helped, hm? Now, let's go solve your homework." He smiled, taking my hand gracefully as we made our way upstairs to my room.

Once we were up in my room, he sat me down on the fluffy carpet infront of a foldable table, carefully examining my notebook's pages with pen ink scattered everywhere on the pages.

"Whoops.." I whispered. He looked at me, raising an eyebrow in the process and sighed.

"It's fine. Our main objective is to help you understand the topic." He shook his head, proceeding to sit down infront of me, taking the textbook in his hands.

I admired how he could easily explain the topics we were discussing. How he understood everything that i couldn't easily understand. It made me a little insecure. I feel like im hidden under his shadow.

I know that i'm supposed to be grateful for his help, but i can't help but feel so.. helpless.

"Y/N? Is everything alright?" I was snapped back into reality, hearing my name. Panicked, i tried lying, the worst thing i could have done at the moment.

"I- i'm sorry.. i was still listening though!-"

"If you were, you'd be able to explain everything i just said. Go on." He raised his head slightly. I could feel his stare piercing through my soul and it made me feel more anxious.

"I.. er.." I stuttered, unable to form words to begin my sentence. His gaze still fixated on me so my body continued to tremble, and my lips quivering.

He sighed, taking one of my hands into his and switched his expression to a worried one. "Hey, what's wrong? Y/N.. you can tell me." He whispered, observing how my face would lose color every minute.

"Y/N.. i'm worried about you. Please talk to me..." He pleaded, intertwining both our hands. My mouth opened to respond, but i just couldn't speak.

He was all the more better than me. So why is he still here?

Almost like Scara could read my thoughts, he pulled me into an embrace, making me sit directly on his lap. I could feel the temperature rising in my once cold body. I could also feel the same for his.

I smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder. Our breathing synchronized as we stayed like that for a couple more minutes.

"Y/N. If you really can't, please don't force yourself. I worry about you and it drives me mad whenever i think about how you're.. sacrificing everything just for academic validation. Please. Please, Y/N. Take a break." I hear him sniffle. Was he crying?

I was speechless for a moment. But i knew that i can't just leave my amazing boyfriend hanging. I had to figure something out.

"I.. Okay. Thank you, Scara. I love you."

"Promise me, Y/N. I want to hear you say it. And, i love you too."

"I promise, Scaramouche."

_______________________________________

"Y/N, you did it! You got the
Highest grade in the class! Good job!"

My teacher hugged me, proud of my achievements.
My parents did the same as they walked in the classroom, embracing me and going on and on about my future.
The future that i wasn't worried about at all.
Why?

"You did it, my love!"
Scaramouche pulled me into a hug,
holding the back of my head, gently pushing
it forward, onto his shoulder.
"Couldn't have done it without you."
I said, grinning like a little kid.

"Congratulations on becoming Valedictorian, Scaramouche. I knew you could do it."

"Thank you, Y/N. But..
are you sure you didn't break our promise?.."
I nodded.

"Of course not, Scara!
You mean a lot to me. I wouldn't do that to you."

He smiled, "Good."

_______________________________________