Our Ties ~ Prologue

Prologue

(Y/n) spent her whole life caged, having everything laid out for her on a carefully curated silver platter. What she could eat was chosen for her. What she could do was limited by natural selection. She felt worthless her whole life, like she didn't deserve people's respect because she didn't work for it. But if someone showed her the smallest ounce of kindness, she lost all sense of self-preservation because kindness was so rare.

But Ryomen Sukuna did not show her any kind of respect- any kind of kindness. He hurt her and cursed her with his words until the day that she proved herself worthy for his respect. His kindness. His love. And that day, he swore he'd do just about anything to protect her- including giving her his heart. She was small and ignorant and extremely naive, and so she needed his protection both inside and out.

With his heart came power. Strength. Things that (Y/n) was not used to. The strings which ties Sukuna to (Y/n) through her possession of his heart grew stronger every day. (Y/n) gained extraordinary powers, a cursed technique and most importantly...time. They were supposed to live forever. To feed each other grapes under the sunset every day. But that didn't quite work out the way they planned.

Sukuna gave his human life to protect the Princess against harm, subjecting (Y/n) to a millennia of imprisonment and Sukuna to a millennia of darkness, waiting until the day he could come back as a cursed spirit and save his princess. And when he finally did, in the year of 2018. The two had to adjust to their new life, where their interactions were limited and where everyday the princess became stronger, owning power she didn't know how to control. Power that changed her more and more everyday.

(Y/n) began keeping secrets from the sorcerers, for Sukuna and for herself all while this power infected every blood cells of hers drop by drop, turning her into someone who craved blood and violence and death. Just like her lover. The day she betrayed the sorcerers, she chose to embrace this new version of her. But as she joins forces with the curse users, she realises...that maybe she didn't want to be this person at all.

But it was too late. She made this choice. (Y/n) couldn't reverse her decisions. Sukuna's heart was forevee part of her and so she had to deal with the consequences because Sukuna sacrificed everything for her to live this way. She couldn't get rid of this new version of her that lusted for blood and revelled in the power she omitted, no matter how terrified of herself she was.

But maybe, she could imprison her. At least... just until she needed her again.

(A.N ~ I hope you enjoyed the prologue :)

Chapter 1 Quote Teaser :

"I...I'm afraid I might upset you if I tell you, *h***a**-kun.