Snippet 3

(Tardis/Birdwell Island)

Ria is relaxing on her couch with Fin, when she receives a phone call from her cousin Emily Elizabeth.

"Hey Emily Elizabeth." Ria greets as Fin looks to Ria curiously.

"Hello Stori. Clifford and I were wondering if you wanted to come for a visit."

"Sure. I have a new friend I want you two to meet anyways." Ria replies with a grin.

Ria walks to the console room, and spots Rose and Mickey talking with the Doctor nowhere in sight. Fin walks in behind her. Ria walks to the console, and pilots the Tardis to present day New York City. Fin and Ria leave alone as Ria drives them both to the ferry.

Once on the ferry, Ria tells Fin about her family, and Clifford. Fin is eager to meet her family, and to meet Clifford and his friends. They arrive, and Ria greets Victor and Pedro as well as introducing Fin. Both walk along the boardwalk, and stop to get some chips from Charlie and his father. Charlie learns Fin likes soccer too, and he agrees to play a game sometime soon.

Both then walk through town, and pass Emily Elizabeth's friends Vaz and Jetta. Finally they reach the park where Emily Elizabeth and Clifford is. Fin whistles, then watches as Emily Elizabeth runs to hug Ria.

"Stori." Both hug, and Ria turns to Fin.

"Finlay this is my cousin Emily Elizabeth. This is Finlay, my new friend." Ria says to the two.

"Hi Finlay. This is Clifford. My big red dog." Emily Elizabeth greets. Clifford greets Ria, then Fin who tilts his head.

"Hey there Clifford." Fin greets him.

"Hey." Clifford barks back. Fin smirks in amusement as Ria's eyes widen in realization.

"You can understand him can't you." She turns to Fin who nods. Emily Elizabeth looks to Fin.

"You can? How?" She asks him. Fin winks at Ria and shifts to a wolf. Emily Elizabeth stares as Ria chuckles.

"He is an alien mutant. He can change into any animals." She replies as Fin joins Clifford in a race. Both dogs reach T-Bone and Cleo.

"Hey guys. This is Fin." Clifford introduces. "This is Cleo and T-Bone. We were just gonna play Super T-Bone and the Evil Fluffy Face. Wanna join?"

"Sure." Fin replies. 

While the four play, Ria tells Emily Elizabeth about her adventures since they last met up. Fin runs past them being chased by Cleo. Ria watches with a look on her face, then she blushes as Emily Elizabeth watches the dogs play.

After a while, Fin returns with the others, and he shifts back to human and sits by Ria. Cleo and T-Bone are shocked.

"Sorry guys. I forgot to warn you two." Fin winces at the dogs. T-Bone barks.

"That's okay Fin. We still had fun though, even if you can turn into a human."

"More like he can turn into a dog." Cleo informs T-Bone.

Ria and Emily Elizabeth decide to show Fin around Birdwell Island. They walk around with the three dogs behind them. They stop at The Sea Shell, and Ria introduces Fin to her aunt and uncle. They talk for a bit, and move on to explore the beach, then they head for the lighthouse.

After seeing the island, Ria and Fin say their goodbyes, then head back to the mainland and the Tardis.