Life Like New

I grabbed the last box out of the moving truck and walked in to the house that was to be my new home. It was a huge and beautiful three story house in Louisville Georgia. I wasn’t happy at first about moving I mean I always loved Georgia but I had a lot going for me at White House back in Tennessee. I was going to be the president of FFA and I was working my way up the chain in color guard. I knew this would disappear at my new school. The good thing was that I got to escape all the drama that haunted me back there. I had finally decided that the good outweighed the bad.

I found out that I was moving at the end of my sophomore year. I decide that it was a new school so it would be a new me. I’m five foot four inches, but I did weigh one hundred fifty pounds before I moved.  I had short choppy dirty blonde hair and the most annoying gap in my teeth but had braces. I spent all summer working out getting sun and growing out my hair. By the week I was moving I had lost 30 pounds and my hair was down past my shoulders. My braces had closed the gap in my teeth a little bit more. My hair was really blonde and I had a good nice tan going.  I was a new person in a new place and it felt great in a way.

 My dad was going to go return the moving truck we rented and get his truck the place was about an hour away. I had followed him down from Tennessee in my brand new jeep wrangler, which was a going away present from my mom who was now multiple hours away and would hardly ever see me. Since I had my car I decided to stay at the house and maybe ride around and check out town. My dad left and I just sat on the porch watching the sun start to set until I got bored. I walked into the house and walked up to the third story of the house. My bedroom was the only bedroom up there the other rooms are living rooms and things. My room was way bigger than any room I had ever had. It was really cool too. It had a huge walk in closet, a full bathroom, and my favorite was the two glass doors that opened up to a balcony.

There were about seven or eight big boxes in the floor, my queen bed, two in tables, a lamp, and a dresser in the room. I started to get excited about it. We came the week before and painted so my walls were a tan brown color and I had gotten camo stuff for my room, so I was happy to start putting it together. I put the bed, in tables, and dresser where I wanted them to then opened the first box. I pulled out a little ring box off the top. I didn’t remember what was in it so I opened it up. There was a razor blade inside with dried blood on it. I looked at it for a minute then looked at my wrist the cuts were gone. I had not cut all summer and I wasn’t going to start now, so I stood up and walked over to the garbage bag in the hallway and threw it away. This is a new me.

 I looked at the clock it said was just about nine thirty. I had only been unpacking for about an hour and I was already bored of it for now. I knew dad was probably just now heading back, so I decided it wouldn’t hurt to take a late night ride around town. I went and grabbed my purse and got in my jeep. I drove into town which was about five or six miles down the road. I just kind of rode around and checked it out. This wasn’t a city like where I came form with a population in the ten thousands this was probably in the three thousand, but I liked that about it though. It was a Friday night and it was starting to get close to ten yet the town’s little diners and things were still booming. White house would be a ghost town by now, because nobody really like one another there this place had a better feel though. I could see people smiling, talking, and helping one another and I liked it.