CHAPTER 2

When I got home I saw that dad wasn’t home still so I just went straight to the shower, then off to bed. I laid down in my bed, which was supper comfortable, and tried to fall asleep. I had a lot going through my mind. I was really excited and nervous about school that was starting in a week. I just hope the people here are not as mean and they accept me. I never really was accepted at my old school and they were all heartless except about five people, my friends, but they were my past now and this is the present and I have to move on. I was hopeful that this move would completely erase my past and maybe it would I just had to give it time.

            I woke up around nine the next morning. I usually didn’t sleep that long, I usually had a restless sleep due to nightmares, but I was well rested and had slept straight through the night. I felt really good so I decided I would go get ready and maybe go do something fun today. I went and took a shower, then put some shorts and a hoodie on. I straightened my hair and it looked really nice. I looked in the full body mirror that hung on the bathroom door and I almost cried. I looked like a complete different person then I did when I left White House. I was comfortable with my body and my looks, of course I still had some insecurities but I felt a lot better about myself.

            I finally grabbed my keys off of the dresser and headed downstairs. When I got to the second floor I could hear some other guys talking to my dad. I guess it’s good that I got ready before I came down. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where I heard my dad. I walked in and there was an older guy and a teenager standing side by side talking to my dad. They all turned and looked at me. “Hey Rebekah this is Matt and his son. Matt is going to be working for me when the shop is up and running and James is his son who is in your grade.” my dad said in a very familiar excited tone.

            My dad was just as happy if not happier about the move than me, so he had been pretty positive since all of this. I smiled and nodded. James stuck his hand out to shake mine, so I shook his hand then my dad spoke again,” why don’t you let James show you around town while we get to work”, he said this in a more serious tone.