Jasprit Bumrah: Our bowling spearhead

Supremely talented and supremely dedicated to his work, Jassi has been the best bowler in the world for quite some time now. He has had far more ups and downs, and even his downs have come in small bursts after injuries. Of course, his action makes him a bit injury prone, but he has come back every time.

Jasprit Bumrah will always be infamously remembered for his no ball to Fakhar Zaman in CT Final 2017. Not everyone remembers he'd taken a no ball wicket of a set batsman in semi final of T20 WC 2016, too, earlier, without which who knows? Maybe we'd have won.

That has always been a bit of an issue in his game. It's not like after 2017, he hasn't taken wickets on no balls, either. While of course no pacer bowls a no ball deliberately, there do exist desciplined ones like Bhuvi who bowl no no ball at years at a stretch.

So anyway, the other question genius opening-and-death bowler Jassi has faced was batting. No one expects the number 10 batsman to fish their team out of trouble, but no one expects the bottom 4 to get out for a combined runs < 10, either. Especially after the WTC final 2021, India's tail batting faced enormous flak.

So I would call the highlight of Jassi's career not any of his brilliant list of bowling performances, but his batting with Shami at Lord's 2021, which showed that he was willing to go out of his comfort zone and actually give an effort to help his team.

A year later, in 2022 against the same opposition, Stuart Broad conceded the most expensive over in Test history to, of all people, Jasprit Bumrah, who couldn't hold a bat 2 years ago.

His attitude with batting especially has made me so proud, and his comeback in bowling just before the World Cup is priceless. Honestly at this point, if some important player of our team had to get injured, I'd pick anyone but Jassi.

The bowling attack looks miles apart when he's in and not in the team.

Come on, Jass. Lead us to this World Cup victory.