Allow me to thank you

As the smoke rose to your lungs you begin to see your life flash before you. The door you were attempting to push open continued to not be able to budge. 'This was it' you thought as you slide down the barrier of your only escape. 'I'm going to die to day' you thought closing your eyes, giving up as something, or rather someone pulls you out or there.

"You alright?" They question as they land you on top a rooftop for you to catch your breath. As your face begains to reclaim its color you gaped at the woman in front of you. You quickly gather yourself a blush clear on your face as you respond "I am now" you respond, "please allow me to thank you" you state bowing your head to kiss her hand. The masked hero clear her throat a bit obviously not expecting such a display of appreciation.

"Cute" you find yourself mumbling under your breath, annoying the superhero I'm front of you. "I wouldn't call a 'spider-menace' crime fighter cute" Ghost Spider responded rolling their eyes under her mask. "Maybe, but all I'm saying is they must be pretty lucky villains if they get to see someone that gorgeous as their being sent away." You say jokingly flirting with the one who saved you. She just laughed in response to your boldness. "You really don't know when to stop do you?" She asked, and you just shook your head in response.

It was hard to explain but you for some reason wanted so badly to keep her there. To keep her laughing, to keep her talking. So you pressed on "My name's Y/N by the way." You state extending your hand

"Ghost Spider" she respond "but you already knew that" she adds. "Right" you say akwardly "I always thought that was a cool name" you admit. "Thanks, Y/N's not too bad either, I like it" she responds. "Well if you like it then I know it's perfect."

"Smooth" the spider responds crossing her arms as you let out a chuckle. Then something changes as the masked woman's demeanor shifts. "Is something wrong?" You ask as the two of you take a seat on the ledge. She let's out a chuckle "I guess it's just nice to have someone I save not immediately run for their life." She said kicking her feet a little absentmindedly as she leaned her weight to her arms. "Well, I'm happy I could help, you deserve it after all." You respond honestly as you turn to face her.

She turns her watch from the cityscape to you with a curious glance. "Oh really? And why is that" she questions. "Well, I suppose it's because it takes someone truly incredible to do what you do." You respond looking her in the eyes "well I mean yeah they don't call me the incredible Spider-Woman for nothing." She jokes but you could tell not even she thought it was funny. "No, it not just your powers that make you incredible. Not many people would be willing to do what you do. The harsh truth that you can't save everyone, fighting for people that want you to suffer. I just mean it can't be easy."

She looks to you in shock as you finish your thoughts. "Sorry, I shouldn't assume" you add quickly looking away from the hero. "No, wait. I'm just surprised, it's not often that someone tries to empathy with me." The spider explains as you put a hand on her shoulder, "then maybe that's why they tend to be dumb enough to need Saving every day." She jokes as Ghost Spider falls into a fit of stifled laughter. "Bro you can't say that" the vigilante says trying to hide her chuckles, "oh come on you know I'm right" you replied.

As the laughter between the two of you begins to die down, you find yourself looking to the stars as your phone cuts through the comfortable silence. "Shit" you exclaimed as you looked to the time. "I think it’s about time for to go"  you announced as a frown makes its way to the spider's face. Though it was covered you swear you can see her entire face shift. "Already?" She questions as a smirk makes it's way to your lips "Sorry to disappoint, try not to miss me too much Ghosty" you respond going back to the same flirty jokes you started with. "Trust me I won't" she responds about to swing off. "Wait" you say stopping her as you ask if you'd ever get the chance to see her again. She smirks in response "now who's missing me?" She teases as she swings off. "Tomorrow! Central Park, Midnight!! I'll be there" you call out, and then she was gone.