Prologue

{A/N}
I would highly recommend reading the cast list before you start reading because the players names can get confusing otherwise if you don't support Derby County and know the names of the players. Also, note that the football players will have nicknames but I won't be able to write them in the cast list but they are mainly common sense/ everyday nicknames, also the cast list will only be on the prologue so you may have to check back if you need to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Barmy army... Barmy army"

The South stand were doing their usual best at keeping the spirit alive throughout the stadium keeping the 12th player moving, holding the team together and feeding them adrenaline on a spoon. My Dad was sat next to me as we both chanted and clapped along sitting in the west stand next to them. I turned around and saw my best friend a few rows back with her Dad doing the exact same as we were, grins plastered across their faces. I turned around just in time to see Martin smash the black and white ball into the back of the net and the whole stadium (excluding the away fans) jump out of their seats, a roar fanning around the stadium and the whole black and white clothed team racing towards the man of the moment to congratulate him on the first goal of the match, putting us all in high spirits.

As the players started moving to their starting positions again and the South standers chanting at the away fans

"Who are ya, who are ya?"

Pointing their fingers as they sang.

The stadium took their seats again and carried on watching the match until the half time whistle blew and some people got up to go inside, half time beers for the majority. As per usual Antonia and her Dad came down to us and we talk about how the first half went and then cheer the team back on as they come to warm up, ready for the second half and Toni and Matt go back to their seats a few rows up.

The second half goes smoothly the opponents score a goal soon after Chrissy scores again leaving the full time result 2-1 to Derby County. A brilliant way to start a new season. I walk back to the car with my Dad, Toni and Matt feeling the best I have in a long time.

I was walking next to Toni while Matt and my Dad talked about typical manly stuff when I turned my head away from Toni for a moment from talking to her about the match to see a boy looking to only be about 3-4 years older than me with a blonde head with brown peeking it's way put from the roots. As if he felt my gaze on his slightly muscular back he glanced over his shoulder and my head dropped down straight away and watched my feet walk one in front of the other along the pavement. Then, me feeling someone's gaze on the back of my head I lazily turned my head over my shoulder to see the same blonde hair, blue eyed boy I saw only a moment earlier. We locked eyes for a moment until I felt a light tapping on my shoulder and the familiar sound of Toni's voice repeatedly saying my name until she turned around following my path of vision and gasping like the nutter she is. I turn back around to face her and half listen to her ramble a stream of words about how cute and hot he was all at the same time. Although she's crazy I can't help but agree with her.