Chapter 1: When Life Gives You Lemons

Y/N's POV 

Running. That's what I was doing. Running as fast as I can. The guy who was chasing me had a shotgun in hands. I turned into an alley, which was a dead end. Fuck. I couldn't go anywhere. I was trapped and about to get shot by some crazy dude. He stared at me as he walked towards my shaking figure.

"Don't worry, it will be quick and painless, little one.." I couldn't breathe. He pointed the shotgun at my head, finger squeezing the trigger. I closed my eyes and awaited death. But it never came. Instead, I hear another gunshot from behind the guy. A pistol gunshot to be exact. I could tell the difference. I opened my eyes to see the guy dead on the ground, bleeding from his skull. No one else was in sight, so I ran off.

"Who the heck even killed him?.." I said to myself. I seriously was wondering who did that.. Why did they run away afterward? Did they have to hide themselves from the person they saved? Whatever- I need to stop thinking so much about it. I made my way back home, but something in an alleyway caught my eye. It was a doll with red hair, overalls, and a colorful striped shirt. Its hair was a bit messy and its clothes were dirty, clearly, it had been through some shit. I picked the doll up, examining it.

"I like to be hugged!" I jumped and dropped the doll that just spoke. I didn't realize it had a voice box! Like Jesus! I looked down at the Good Guy doll that was now on the dirty concrete, its icy blue eyes staring at me. Damn, it was creepy. I picked it back up, holding it close.

"I guess I'll bring you home and clean you up.." I started to walk back home once more...