Here I am

Gen and Kohaku watch as Xeno appears deflated, watching as Stanley leaves the restaurant with a solemn look on his face.

Let's go back to the beginning.

Earlier that day, Gen woke up late, after eating some pancakes left for him (courtesy of Senku) he decides to sunbathe by the pool. He heads to the closet by the stairs to take out the beach towels when he hears Stanley talking in a hushed tone to someone.

The mentalist creeps in closer to get a look, his dear companion appears to be on the phone in the middle of a tense conversation. But before he can figure out what is going on, Stan suddenly snaps his head in Gen's direction.

'What the hell, he could sense me so quickly!!'

Stan hangs up the phone, giving the mentalist a scary look in the process, Gen thought he would die that second.

"Hey dear Stanley, I was just passing by for a towel and noticed you here, I thought I'd give you some space"

It wasn't a complete lie, he just left out the part he was eavesdropping.

Stan just sighs and slowly approaches the young man, who looks like he would shit himself any second now.

"Look, its nothing for you to be concerned with alright, now take your towel and go, if I feel like it, I'll tell ya what's going on".

Gen waits for the man to pass before exhaling the breath he didn't know he was holding, he wasn't expecting to get caught, but Stan has been calling his bull since day one so it's to be expected.

Putting those thoughts aside, he grabs the towel making his way outside,, the sun is warm on his skin, warm enough to almost let him forget his encounter earlier.

The pool glistening in the rays of the summer sun give it a fantastical look, as if he wasn't staring at a pool of water, but rather a pool of crystals.

He spots Kohaku by the pool with her feet dipped in the sparkling water, her light skin contrasting the dark blue bikini she's wearing. Guess he'll have company today.

"Hello lioness, you're looking gorgeous as always"

Gen plops by her phone I plshe gives him an annoyed look as he chuckles at her reaction.

"It's bad enough Senku call me that, don't give yourself the pleasure of adding yourself to my shit list"

The two stay silent for ten seconds, then laugh in good fun. Gen suddenly remembers his conversation with Stan and decides to tell the blonde and ask for her input.

After he tells her she just looks at him, her mind ponders to why the soldier was acting weird, then again, they are in a house of tight knit weirdos.

"Maybe something happened to a relative or something"

Gen just shakes his head.

"As far as Xeno told me, it's just his dad, he's not close to any external relatives".

Meanwhile inside, the two men are in the living room, they made plans to go out to dinner today, this arrangement being Stanley's idea, Xeno having no idea of his friend's ulterior motive thinks this is just another bonding activity, or maybe, he has a sudden confession to make.

Though this would mean Stan is throwing in the towel, he wouldn't mind, after all, he had been looking for a reason to fully express how much his childhood friend meant to him.

So obviously he agreed to this arrangement, though both men were feeling very different for tonight.

The two teens come in from sunbathing, their skins slightly tanned and sweat covered. They stop to see Xeno's excited face, Gen sits by the giddy adult.