Behind The Spotlight

Jimin sat in front of the mirror, his eyes burning holes in his reflection, but his mind was elsewhere.

The buzz of the hairdryer and the gentle touch of the makeup artist's brush were mere background noises to his racing thoughts.

Today was just another day for the young idol, but his heart felt heavy with a different weight.

He watched the makeup artist apply more powder to his already enchanting complexion when his Father, also his manager walked in with his angry face on default.

He had just received the news that Jeon Jungkook, Jimin's biggest rival, had released a new song "My Time" that skyrocketed to number one on the Billboard charts.

His father paced back and forth, causing everyone in the room, except Jimin to be on high alert, knowing when he is angry he's not to be burdened.

"Number one on the Billboard charts...Jungkook's parents really know how to make an impact," Mr. Park says running a hand through his hair.

He stops pacing and grows annoyed at all the commotion in the room, "Everyone out, now!" He demands.

Immediately, all the staff gathered their items, leaving Jimin to sigh to himself, "Thank you, everyone. You've done an amazing job as always," Jimin's words are sincere, his gratitude evident, but still a hint of detachment in his voice that goes unnoticed by everyone.

The staff bows as they scurry past Mr. Park, closing the door behind them, and letting silence fall into the room.

"Jimin," his father calls. Jimin looks at him through the mirror, not finding the energy to turn himself around.

"We have to make sure your new song blows his out of the water. Give it your all today, we're counting on you to pull through," His father says more as a demand.

Jimin eyes remain on his father through the mirror, his expression giving nothing away, "What was the title of the song again?" He asks.

His father sighs, "Jimin, are you even listening? Now is not the time for jokes. It's your career that's at stake. We can't let Jungkook overshadow you. The world is waiting on your next hit," his father scolds, unaware that Jimin's question was genuine.

Jimin's eyes flickered with a mixture of indifference and weariness, but still, he maintained a calm exterior.

He understood the demands of the industry and his father, the constant need to stay relevant and surpass one's competitors.

But deep down, he longed for something more meaningful, something that transcended the charts and accolades.

Jimin looked back into his father's eyes, an understanding expression painted over a broken one, "I understand, Father. I will give it my all today."

Mr. Park seems satisfied with Jimin's response, "Good. And remember Jimin, you have the talent, the passion, and the ability to create something truly extraordinary, don't let anything distract you."

Jimin's gaze returns to his blank expression, his eyes searching for something deeper within himself. He takes a moment to collect his thoughts before responding, "I won't, Father. I will not let anything or anyone distract me from creating what I do best." He said sounding like a robot. Likes he's been rehearing that line for ages.

Mr. Park nods and pats Jimin's shoulder, "I'm proud of you son. Now let's go show that amateur who the real star is."

Jimin's breath hitches as his father finally leaves the room. He knew he had a choice to make, a choice between chasing after fame or embracing his happiness.