Track 2

Big Time Rush, No Idea

Aein was a woman of many principles

Aein was a woman of many principles. One of them included that she would always be early and she would never be late. If she said she'd meet you at 2:30pm, you'd best believe she'd be there at 2:15pm the latest. If she was ever late, it would mean that she simply wasn't coming.

With twenty minutes to spare before her gynecologist appointment, Aein was focused on watching Gilmore Girls on her phone. There weren't many patients, probably since it was a weekday afternoon and the hospital was rather calm. So despite being engrossed in her TV show, Aein definitely noticed when the calmness shifted as a man about her age in a thick hoodie suddenly plopped into the seat two spots away from her. At first she didn't think too much of it until she noticed his pale face, the way he clutched his stomach and how sweat was rolling down his neck in the middle of March.

Aein tried her best not to stare, believing that he could just be a trans man dealing with very intense period cramps, but she was pretty sure she could hear him farting as well and the smell was far from pleasant. Upon her third glance at the guy, he seemed to have noticed her staring and it was too late for her to pretend to look away.

"You got a problem?" he snapped at her.

"Me?" Aein's eyes widened. "No, no, I don't have a problem. I...was just curious."

"About what? Never seen a guy with food poisoning waiting for the stomach doctor?"

Man, this guy's a bitch, Aein thought. However she guessed she couldn't blame him for being so agitated, food poisoning was a real pain in the ass—figuratively and literally.

"Food poisoning you say," she repeated carefully. "I was just curious whether you know that this is the gynecologist? The um, gastroenterologist, the stomach doctor is down the corner. On your left."

The guy narrowed his eyes at Aein, sending a tingle down her spine. If it wasn't for the absurdity of the situation, she would've found him pretty attractive and would've labelled him as her Hospital Crush. She half-expected another snarky reply from him but instead, he scanned the room, probably only realizing the abundance of female reproductive system posters and pink in the chairs and walls.