01 : first day

"mom! minmin isn't waking up!"

minju grabbed two of her plushies and covered her ears from the painful sound of her sister's voice. she groaned at the thought of having to go back to this routine.

choi mirae, her older sister, could never be late to school so the youngest always had to sacrifice some extra minutes of sleep so they can get there before everyone else. she was the student council president for a reason.

her phone kept lighting up the room and before she started throwing a tantrum, she finally sat down on her bed and turned the light on. minju did her stretching routine and afterwards, she checked what her friends were saying on the group chat.

bad bitches
fave sunoo, ni-ki minaj, my girl lizzie, tiny jungwon and you

tiny jungwon
why aren't y'all awake

my girl lizzie
why were you awake at 7 when school starts at 9

fave sunoo
were you getting ready for miss jang wonyoung???

ni-ki minaj
100%

tiny jungwon
fuck you all

good morning to you too <3

the things you do when you are in love.

she couldn't relate to it at all, she has never liked someone in that way or to that extent.

she left her phone on bed after having a giggle and eventually made her way to the bathroom. her eyes kept closing while brushing her teeth and the only thing keeping her awake was the constant noise her sister was making.

she talked and talked and talked.

as usual, washing up accomplished the goal of making her feel more alive and by the time she's done with skincare, she was ready to take on this dreadful day.

when she goes back to her room, her uniform was perfectly laid out on bed, like her mom always does for them on the first day. adorable.

her uniform was not that ugly, the light blue color of it all complimented her skin tone instead of washing her out and she was thankful for that.

despite being the younger sister of the "perfect" child, she never had a problem with it. maybe because her mom really took the time to teach them the importance of self love instead of joining the sickening society that surrounds them and their awful beauty standards.

mirae was more of like a role model to her than a competitor.

minju decided to apply some makeup on so she picked a blush and a pinkish lip tint that went with it just because it was the first day. she never wore makeup to school so this was a lot. to complete it all, jewelry and perfume. done.

"can you stop talking for once in your life?" she said walking in the kitchen. "good morning, mom."

ignoring mirae's complaining, her mom, who was already fed up of hearing the oldest daughter, kissed minju's cheek and carefully whispered, "be nice to her, she's having a breakdown."

mirae took a double check at her and she could tell something was off by the lack of makeup on her face.

it was her turn to find the root of the crisis and fix the situation and that wasn't a hard task at all.

bingo.

she's starting her senior year today.

"unnie, are you okay?"