Chapter One : Beautiful Stranger Sitting Right There

Act 1 - Darkened Sunlight

The bell chimed suddenly, the petaled-man turned his head to the door curiously, a shorter male with eyes all over his body walked in. Mr. Plant finished up assorting a few books onto the shelf, taking a look at the boy's fancy attire with light blue coloring and silver linings.

He looked oddly important.

He seemed to be well-kept, brushing some dust off of his shirt timidly, walking up to the desk where Mr. Plant was standing. Holding a few fantasy books shifting awkwardly at his sudden rushing towards the front desk.

"Uh - Do you happen to have a book on um, flowers?" He was shy, fidgeting around as eyes flared up around his neck. Eyes?

Mr. Plant nodded, handing a few entries and dictionaries on plants. "Oh! Thank you, what's your name? - Well, I'm Argos." He chuckled, Mr. Plant scanned his appearance, not knowing whether to give him his name or not.

Mr. Plant just stared, before blinking at Argos' nervous demeanor. He then signed casually, "Mr. Plant." Argos perked up, smiling widely, that was a bit of a mood swing. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Plant!"

Mr. Plant had tilted his head, not many people in the Kingdom of Void knew sign language. Argos ecstatically responded, "Well, I'll see you around Mr. Plant!" He took a few of the books, walking away waving.

Wait, he hadn't checked in yet. Argos, that was his name.

Oh well. Mr. Plant sighed, writing down the name anyways on a list a bit irritated now. The sunlight shining awkwardly through the town plaza, Mr. Plant decided to go outside and clear his head.

He walked outside, the swishing of the fountain and loud bustling sounds of population. It was a busy day in the Kingdom of Void.

The Kingdom has been here for a while now, many people of many varieties are just living here. It is ruled by an unknown person, his appearance completely unknown and concealed.

However, very many people know of his son, he is apparently very social and open to everyone, but hasn't openly interacted with the commonfolk like Mr. Plant, the townspeople never share his name through voice and refer to him as "The Prince" or something of that nature.

People have rumoured that if you speak his name through voice, you will get cursed, eyes watching you for thousands of years, beyond death and escape.

Of course, it wasn't a worry for Mr. Plant. After all, he couldn't even speak...

Not on a regular basis, that is.

The Prince was always described with multiple eyes, wearing a silver crown. It wasn't a regular crown, more like a silver-jeweled necklace with a transparent veil on top of his head. Nobody ever spoke of his genuine appearance besides the eyes much.

Mr. Plant shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts. He should be heading back into the library, there might be people waiting.

He walked back into the library awkwardly, shuffling into the door as he headed over to the front desk. The library wasn't very popular, but it was neat, and manageable. It paid well and gave him free books.

Books were very useful in the Kingdom, holding knowledge from who knows how long. A long time ago, there was a ruler who had wanted to destroy said knowledge, and this library was a remnant of what remained under her tyranny.

Mr. Plant checked someone in, handing them a book as they thanked him and walked off. He thought about that one person who came in. His name sounded odd, Argos. Has he heard that name before? It sounds unreal. That name sounds ridiculous.

Mr. Plant snapped out of his thoughts, gaining a headache from the irritation. It was almost closing time. Then, Mr. Plant grabbed the remaining books featured on the table. Organizing each one neatly, the neat paper books made a sound as the sunset darkened, shutting the curtain.

He then moved over to the plants near the windowsill. The watering noises of each potted plant filled the surrounding, fixing the pots and smelling the scent of soil.

He then walked back to his desk, cleaning up a bit and organizing a few items. Upon looking around the library, he ushered out a few people and waved them goodbye, reminding them of their book check-ins before they left with an irritated look.

Suddenly, he heard the bell chime once again. 'What now.' Mr. Plant thought to himself before glancing back towards the ajar door and realizing it was Argos.

Again?

All he wanted was a nice, calm, day, but he just kept being interrupted by this person. His schedule was not in the correct order right now. "Mr. Plant! I'm so sorry for coming back but, I wanted to know if you wanted to um, hang out maybe?"

Mr. Plant just stared, standing up and walking past him. He put the closed sign on the library door, and left, not caring if the library was secretly a mess inside. He was not doing this again, Mr. Plant walked out the door annoyed. He hasn't been irritated so many times before.

Argos walked after, "Mr. Plant? Where are you going? Let me come along!"

He really didn't get the hint.

"Will you leave me alone?" Mr. Plant signed, frustrated and annoyed. This day was much too eventful for his schedule.

Argos hesitated, his hand and smile faltering. Oh good grief.

"I'm sorry, nobody has bothered to pay me um, genuine attention before.." Mr. Plant flinched, looking back towards Argos.

Why did he feel... Bad? This is too frustrating.

Argos hesitated before speaking, "I just -" He paused, "I just wanted to be your friend." He shifted off to the side, nervously fidgeting.

Mr. Plant let out a sigh, turning around and walking towards Argos.

He signed with a slightly more gentle motion with his hands, "Fine, we can be.. Friends. On one condition." Argos beamed.

"What is it? I'll do it!" Mr. Plant tilted his head, the petals drooping slightly. He really shouldn't agree without reading the fine print.

He continued signing. "Help me clean up the library as well as deal with people, daily, and I'll tolerate you." Argos nodded in excitement.

Oh please, with how the citizens from the Kingdom of Void act, he won't want to be my friend under these conditions for too long.

OFFICIAL DESIGNS