nine. cause i'm a jealous girl

Volume One.

ix. cause i'm a jealous girl.

Estella walked down the hallway, accompanied by Miguel and Demetri

Estella walked down the hallway, accompanied by Miguel and Demetri. The trio were discussing what happened at the dojo with Johnny. "Yeah, you can't quit," Miguel pleaded with Demetri.

"I got yelled at, got my ass kicked, and then gave him my money. You know who lives like that? Hookers," Demeti ranted.

"He's not wrong," Estella agreed. Miguel sent the girl a look that clearly told her she wasn't helping. Estella merely sent him a toothy grin. Miguel's heart sped up at the sight.

"Yeah, but he's not that bad of a guy. You gotta give him a chance. You don't know him like we do." Miguel's pleading did little to convince Demetri.

"Uh, that's hooker talk. Besides, I don't need to learn karate when I have the two of you," Demtri commented.

Demtri nodded toward the end of the hallway where Kyler was walking. Estella and Miguel followed his line of sight, looking at the boy. Estella smirked at Kyler's bruised and battered face. "Love the new look, Kyler. Really brings out the hairstyle," Estella shouted at the boy.

Kyler looked directly at the girl before sighing and walking in the other direction.

"See? No one's gonna mess with you. People even call you the duo of death," Demetri exclaimed. Estella and Miguel shared a smile over the nickname.

Estella, Miguel, and Demetri entered biology

Estella, Miguel, and Demetri entered biology. Estella smirked as she sat at their desk. "How are you even in our group?" Demetri asked the brunette girl.

"Mr. Palmer, let's me do whatever I want. Plus, my partner's at home," Estella gleamed. Miguel found himself unable to look away from her smile.