𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫

"Yes, I knew we'd find it! It must lead to some hidden bunk–mph!!" Kiara covered Darius' mouth with her hands as a clicking snarl announced the return of the Tarbosaurus.

The campers gasped and crouched around the stand, peering over the sides to watch the open gate. The Tarbo slowly thumped into view, twisting its neck as it sniffed the air. The campers remained silent as the Tarbo's tiny reptilian eyes flicked around the empty park. It growled quietly and walked away! Everyone let out breaths of relief, turning back to the trapdoor.

"I am so glad she can't smell me anymore," Darius said with a smile. Brooklynn opened a small hatch on the door, revealing a 3x4 rectangle of buttons. One green, one red, and the rest the numbers zero through to nine.

"Looks like we need a keycode to get inside," she said.

"I've got an idea!" Kenji said. He pressed the code 1-2-3-4, and an alarm rang louder than expected. Kenji shrugged, "Well, it's not one, two, three, four."

Everyone, especially Kiara, sighed loudly, rolling their eyes.

"What?" Kenji said, raising his hands.

"Kenj, you are the only person I know who would guess that as a code," Kiara stated, staring at her older brother blankly. Gosh, he was such a silly at times.

"Hey! I thought Brimford was keeping it simple," Kenji said defensively.

"At least now we know the code's four digits long," Sammy said positively, always a beacon of hope.

A nearby stomp and clicking caused the seven kids to gasp. The Tarbo had returned! Why was it so obsessed with the campers!? Everyone rushed into the concession stand and crouched down. Yasmia glanced over the top and looked at everyone else.

"We only have one more shot. If we're wrong, that alert will lead the Tarbo right to us..."

Everyone fell silent, glancing at each other with wide eyes. Brooklynn looked to Sammy, hopefully.

"Sammy, that book you found. What did it say about this place, again?" she asked.

"The Hidden Adventure was supposed to open in 2015, ten years after Jurassic World opened.

"In 2005. So what?" Kenji said.

"So maybe one of the dates is the code!" Yas whispered.

The world trembled as the Tarbo stomped beside the stand the campers hid under. The tableware on the counters fell to the ground and shattered. The Tarbo kept moving till it was a few feet away from them. It upturned a green metal bin, sniffing its contents. The kids had frozen, watching the beast in trepidation.

One turn, one flick of the eye would be staring at them! They watched it creep away and sighed in relief, but Ben's face shot to the ground. A plastic water bottle rolled into view between his and Sammy's hands.

The Tarbo was sniffing everywhere and getting closer to discovering the seven teens! As the Tarbo formed some distance between itself and the campers, Ben looked around and gasped. He had spotted a number on the corner of the stand.

"Guys, the booth number. 2974. Brimford could've used that as the code so he wouldn't forget!"

"And so Owen could find it too!" Darius realised. He crawled over to the keypad while everyone decided which of the three codes they should use. Darius drew his hand near the input when Yasmina stopped him.

"Wait! Didn't Brimford's note say something about the way in being the beginning of the end?"

"Yeah, it is the beginning of the end when Jurassic World opened in 2005, or when Hidden Adventure would have opened in 2015," Sammy said.